Friday 8 December 2017

Anthology review: Amid the Winter Snow

THE DARKEST MIDNIGHT, by Grace Draven
The mark Jahna Ulfrida was born with has made her a target of the cruel and idle all her life. During the long, crowded festivities of Deyalda, there’s nowhere to escape. Until a handsome stranger promises to teach her to save herself…

THE CHOSEN, by Thea Harrison
In her visions, Lily sees two men fighting for her tiny country’s allegiance: the wolf and the tiger, each deadly, each cunning. One will bring Ys chaos and death, one a gentler path—but she’s destined to love whichever she chooses. The midwinter Masque is upon them, and the wolf is at her door…

THE STORM, by Elizabeth Hunter
When her soul mate died in a massacre of the half-angelic Irin people, Renata thought she’d never feel happiness again. She’s retreated to the snowy Dolomites to remember her hurts—until determined, irrepressible Maxim arrives to insist on joy, too. And before she can throw him out, they discover a secret the Irin have to know…

THE SNOWS OF WINDROVEN, by Jeffe Kennedy
As a blizzard threatens their mountain keep, the new Queen Amelia of the Twelve Kingdoms and her unofficial consort Ash face their own storm. Ash knows a scarred, jumpy ex-convict isn’t the companion his queen needs. But when a surprise attack confines them together in their isolated sanctuary, the feast of midwinter might tempt even Ash into childlike hope… 


ebook, 431
Expected publication: December 12th 2017 by Brightlynx Publishing
Fantasy romance
For review

My thoughts:
The Darkest Midnight by Grace Draven
Oh it took me a while to realise where the story took place. It has been too long since I read that awesome book of hers! And this takes place in the same world, but another country.
I like Jahna, I felt sorry for her too, but she was great and knew what she wanted. To be a chronicler, you go girl.

And yes it is a romance, even if there is not a lot of romance. Just a dance between two people, but there will be  a happy ending even if I could not see it. But then, oh perfect for sure.

The Chosen by Thea Harrison
I never did see that other suitor, disappointed. But yes Lila meets the Wolf, they flirt. They will try to save her kingdom and live happily ever after. Nice story, nice setting and i would like more from this world.

Though her country sounds weak, sorry but true. No wonder someone wants to conquer it.

The storm by Elizabeth Hunter
Man meets woman, fall in love, and the story takes forever to end. 15 years! Damn he never gave up. I liked the story and the world, but at the same time it felt a bit too long. Maybe cos I had to charge the battery and it was uncomfortable, lol.

Jeffe Kennedy
I had not realise how much tension there was still between Ami and Ash. I mean I knew they were not married, I knew why, but poor Ash. I get it, half blood, ex convicts do not marry queens. And that is why this story was so needed, these two needed a conclusion. So what we have are two people, tired, and just wanting to be with each other but arguing instead. All while midwinter draws close. Oh and the kids are hilarious!

Conclusion:
I liked the xmas feel, even though there is no xmas since 3 of 4 takes place in fantasy world. But hey people celebrated before xmas and that is what they do here. Midwinter celebrations. I liked it.

Cover
Nice

33 comments:

  1. I usually have a rough time with anthologies because it doesn't seem like they have enough time to develop, but these sound interesting. Happy Friday! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting selections for an xmas anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sounds of this one and I love that cover. I love hat she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked these. I love this type of anthology as it lets me sample new authors and worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good and right up my alley, thanks Blodeuedd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm... sounds like a decent anthology. 15 yrs... the guy has stamina... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. 15 years is a long time to wait for someone. Now that is love. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I snagged this one too. Couldn't help myself with that line up of writers and a fantasy version of winter holiday season. Just got started, but loving it so far. Glad to see you found something to like in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you enjoy all of them :D It made me wanna go to some...ok one, lol

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed this. I got it because of Thea Harrison's story but enjoyed Grace Draven's story a great deal too. Didn't like the other two stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it for jeffe's :) SInce I like her style

      Delete
  10. I'm intrigued by the Grace Draven story, she's the only one I've heard of in this collection, but the other three stories sound nice too. I'm glad you had fun!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her red cloak! Really beautiful. Oh and I adore the name Jahna, one of my students in Curacao had the same name, but different spelling. One of my favourite students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound like a good anthology and pretty cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like anthologies at this time of year. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great group of authors. Some that I want to try. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought about this book. The only story I wanted to read was Jeffe Kennedy's. Your review has me wanting to read it more. I do love that series.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need this solely for Ami and Ash's story. I don't read the other series. You have my interest piqued for their conclusion! I hope Ursula and Harlen get more too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty! I've not read any of them. Celebration any time is good, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP