Thursday 21 December 2017

Mr Darcy's Miracle at Longbourn - Rose Fairbanks

Less than a month after Fitzwilliam Darcy left Hertfordshire, he regrets the decision. Still, stubborn as they come, he will abide by the choice even if his heart freezes over worse than a December chill. 

At Longbourn, Elizabeth Bennet rejects the Christmas themes of unconditional love and forgiveness. In her mind, Mr. Darcy deserves neither and not only for insulting her upon first sight. Elizabeth is certain Darcy is behind her sister’s heartache. 

Fate has other plans, however, when it throws them together again and again and again. Christmas magic works on their hearts and minds as the calendar refuses to budge from December 23. What will it take to see Christmas Eve? How many lives need to change? 

Kindle Edition, 280 ish
Published December 8th 2017
Pride and prejudice variation
own

My thoughts:
I do admit, I am not a fan of the same day happening over and over again. What saved this one (after me being confused for a while, should have read the blurb!) was that things changed a lot. 

Darcy and Lizzy sure had a hard time getting together.

Bingley and Jane not so much.

Colonel Fitzwilliam finds something he wants.

Lydia learns something.

Mrs Bennet has a change of heart.

Mary blossoms.

Georgiana puts her food town.

Poor Kitty.

FU Wickham.

And then they all lived happily ever after. I liked that.

I will never ever tire!

29 comments:

  1. Yeah I am not a fan of day repeats, they kinda drive me nuts. But this one sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't like that either. I start drifting off lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes that would have gotten my non blurb reading self, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the same day over and over. What a nightmare. This sounds interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for it changing a lot, the same day stuff annoys me too most of the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day totally changed, except for Lizzy andDarcy arguing lol

      Delete
  6. I like the original Ground Hog Day the rest not so much thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of like the whole Ground Hog Day thing, but I am not a huge fan of P&P, which I tell you every time you review one of these books. Wishing you a joyous holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like Hell..being stuck on the same day over and over again. X_X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine that same day over and over, although I guess it could be filled with different ways of doing things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you and Mr. Darcy... ;-)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huh, guess its a thing now. I read a good one last year, The Many Lives of Fitzwilliam Darcy, did the Groundhog Day thing. I'm with you that the repeating can get annoying though, yes, its fun to see all the scenarios, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Groundhog Day was good but I don't think I would want to see that idea too often.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP