Sunday 24 December 2017

Movie Review: Dunkirk

Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire and France are surrounded by the German Army, and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II.

Director: Christopher Nolan
Writer: Christopher Nolan
Stars: Fionn Whitehead, Barry Keoghan, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh, Tom Hardy

1h 46 min / 2017 / Action Drama History



My thoughts:
Man this was slow. But for the first time among all the slow movies I have watched it totally worked! It felt like a slow slow wait until you meet your doom. And they hardly spoke at all it seemed at times, but it worked. It felt like everyone just wanted to live and some were sleepwalking, while others tried their best to get home.

Damn, all white men look the same. All white men with dark hair and that was everyone. So this one guy found another guy, and might have met a bunch of other guys during the movie too. Maybe they all died, maybe they all made it to the end. Dunno, they all looked the same. So that was Beach Men.

Then Kenneth Branagh stood and stoically watched the sea. Good Branagh.

Then there was Cillian Murphy who was scared shitless.

Old guy and Son with boat. Old guy was so  cool and calm.

RAF guys. Thank god, he was blonde. So him I remember.

A few tears wanted to come when the boats came but then the baby cried and ruined that.

The feels man, the feels!

This one would have been amazing at the cinema. Not the same with a screaming baby ;) But still so good and so, so British and calm in the face of utter destruction.

SO yes, this one you should watch.

21 comments:

  1. Haha, all white men look the same! LOVE THAT! I still haven't watched the movie, which is a must for me! I do hate slow movies, but I'm glad it worked for this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They so do. watch the movie, they are all a blur. LOL

      Delete
  2. I've heard all kinds of good things about this, and it's definitely on my list to watch. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd have to be in the right mood to watch a movie like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...hmmm, dunno really what kind of mood one should be in

      Delete
  4. I actually haven't heard of this, but I do love Tom Hardy! Are you a Marvel fan? He's going to play Venom in the upcoming movie!

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvel always work...always :) I did not know that!

      Delete
  5. I was uncertain about whether I want to watch this movie or not. A friend of mine watched it and loved it, even explained the sequencing to me. But I HATE slow movies. I don't even watch dramas. So ... still not sure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totes get that. Slow is just so omg slooow. But it was never like that here, I really do not know how to explain it

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I really want to see this!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard that this movie is really good. I will keep in mind that it is a bit slow to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was slow but I really liked it too. And Yes! everyone looked the same and I have no idea who was who lol I had to keep asking Kevin.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a little about this movie, but not much. I love your comment about white men all looking the same. Yes, they can do that. LOL

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes. My guys at the USO were talking about this one on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP