Saturday 23 June 2018

Audibook Month. Narrators


Today I thought I would talk about narrators. I am SO not the person to ask. I am very new to all of this and I do not feel it is fear to say someone is great if you have only done one book by them.

But since I did try another one of Vikas Adam's books I can say that yes, he is lovely to listen at.


Amy Melissa Bentley has such a fun voice and she is perfect for YA and romance.


James Langton has this lovely voice for historical romance, all proper and perfect for Grace Burrowe's books


Justine Eyre is a new one that I kept thinking I like this voice and it always took a while to realise where from I had heard her.


Ruth Urqhart is someone I would like to listen to more...(could not find her on soundcloud)



There you go, a few that stood out. Sure there are other voices I like, but these are the ones whose name I remember :)



19 comments:

  1. I need to type that post for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to audiobooks so I wouldn't know either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audiobooks - of course you need a good voice! Perhaps one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good voice really depends on the listened too

      Delete
  4. Only two I'm familiar with here. Vikas Adam is awesome, of course, and Justine Eyre is also very talented!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maggi-Meg Reed's narration but she hasn't done anything in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I'm not considered a newbie anymore. I've listened to all those narrators except your voice boyfriend, Vikas, and love them. But I will be trying Vikas at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, narrators are very important in enjoying an audio book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't listened to any of these narrators yet. At least, I don't think I have. I do think that the narrator can either make or break a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bad with names, but these have stuck with me :)

      Delete
  9. The only one I'm familiar with is James Langton, and he was brilliant with the historical romance. I enjoyed that series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CJ Kritt (sp?! - she did the early Stephanie Plum books) and Jim Dale (US version of the Harry Poter books).

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP