Tuesday 26 June 2018

Tmst: What is worse


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

June 26th: What is worse: cliffhanger, abrupt ending or open ending?

I think I have to go with open ending...

Cliffhangers are bad, they suck, but, if there is a cliffhanger you at least know that in the next book you will find out what happens. It sucks it was made that way, but at least you will know.

Abrupt endings, well they do sound bad, but it depends. If they just end, but everything worked out, then sure it sucks, but again, at least you know what happened. If they just end and you have no conclusion at all, then they are worse than open endings!
So abrupt can be worse, but it all depends on where they leave the reader.

While open endings always made me go all arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I do not think I have ever read an open ending that I liked. They always make me wonder what the f happens then? I really hate them. They feel like the author did not know what to do and just took the easy way out. Ugh, even thinking of open endings makes me mad.

Booooooo open endings!

I have been bad at taking Luci's pic lately! Only S this time

25 comments:

  1. Open endings are the worst tbhhhhhh!!!!!
    http://booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough question. I think I might pick abrupt ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard, and it just depends on what kind of abrupt for me

      Delete
  3. Oh, that picture is SO CUTE!

    Open endings are bad, yeah... Actually, all three are bad, if the next book never comes out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I really don't know the nuisances to differentiate between these type endings. I hate abrupt endings when the book feels like it's been cut off. Not a quick to get to the end, which is annoying, but literally feels like the book was cut off and there should have been more. I remember reading one or two of those and was so mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I hate that. I just hate them all so much! Kind of hard to say what you hate more then

      Delete
  5. oh yeah I so hate open endings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still hate cliffhangers the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dislike all three, but I am more tolerant of the cliffhanger as I have the opportunity to know what will happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are bad, but I agree with your choice *nods*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like any of these endings. I have had a few cliffhangers that really made me mad though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abrupt endings are the worst for me. With a crappy beginning, at least there's a chance for the book to make up for it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has to be some spectacular ending then

      Delete
  11. It really depends on how things get there at the end and all these types can make me mad. I like how you figured out which is the worst of the worst. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yse, it does depend on several things, some might work, some might not

      Delete
  12. I don't like open endings. I don't like the others either but open endings make me mad & like I wasted all my time lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP