Saturday 16 June 2018

June is Audiobook Month: Good Bloggers and books


Today I wanted to talk about fellow audiobloggers, and then I thought why not ask them about an audiobook they would recommend to others Well this soon spiraled out of control so I just ended up asking 3 bloggers ;)

First up is Melanie who reviews  at Hot Listens  (shout out to Loupe, I did not forget you!) & Books of My Heart She is the one who is to blame for me writing those crazy reviews for Heartstrikers, all caps and gushing.  I am so used to her listening to books so I honestly can not ever see her reading ;)

And this was her answer:
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes (Westley)

Then she asked me if she could mention one more and I thought, why not. Oh, I should not have done that.

Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta read by Robert Petkoff
The Martian by Andy Weir ready by RC Bray
The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story by Ann Rule read by Lorelei King
Plus like 10+ UF and PNR series. 

The Daily Show: An Oral History as Told by Jon Stewart, the Correspondents, Staff and Guests by Chris Smith,  Jon Stewart (Foreword) is another good one.

...............................................



Next up is Sophia Rose, you might have seen her around cos she is eeeeeverywhere!
Shari @ Delighted Reader, Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviews, Sharonda @ Brazen Babe, Lily @ Night Owl Book Cafe, Debbie @ The Reading Frenzy, and Loupe & Melanie @ Hot Listens

She followed the rules and her answer was: Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen and narrated by Janet Metzger

And then we have Jen @ That's what I am talking about

Who recommends:

The Martian by Andy Weir, read by R.C. Bray… 
for UF series: Dresden Files by Jim Butcher tied with Kate Daniels read by Renee Raudman.
Romance: Roman Crazy (Broads Abroad #1)
by Alice Clayton & Nina Bocci read by Randi Geddens.



And as for other bloggers, we shall not forget Felicia at The Geeky Blogger, who is like Queen of Audiobooks
and Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviews

And of course there are many many others out there who share a love of audio :)
Now I get why Jen said these posts takes forever, so I will leave you with just these bloggers cos I am gonna go listen to an audiobook and chill







18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't listened to any of these but I have read The Stranger Beside Me and I think it would be too creepy on audio for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Love the Kate Daniels series and the Dresden Files. I guess I should have listened to The Martin since it is showing up on two of the lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept hearing it was awesome when it came out, but it just felt SO scifi!

      Delete
  3. Love the audios of Kate Daniels and The Martian as well! Lorelei King is an excellent narrator, she does the Mercy Thompson series, but I'm curious about the Ted Bundy story. That guy was sick! Wonderful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she does Mercy too? I really have to try her one day

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout. Right now I am all about the Harry Dresden Files on Audio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Have you listened to any of Sarah MacLeans on audiobook? I just read her for the first time and now I am thinking I need to try out one of hers on audiobook. Backing Jen up with The Martian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, anything narrated by RC Bray is excellent. Gotta agree his performance of The Martian was superb!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the recs of The Martian. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, appreciate being asked to participate. I really need to listen to The Martian, it seems. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are having so much fun with the theme this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you can see, I'm way behind on blog visits, like always! Thanks for the shoutout! Melanie loves that As You Wish book, I need to check it out!

    And yes... I'm still working on those freakin' posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, but omg this which is like nothing Took SO LONG

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP