Wednesday 27 June 2018

Audio: This could change everything - Jill Mansell

All it takes is one email to end her relationship, get her kicked out of her apartment, and just about ruin her life. Essie Phillips never meant for her private rant about her boss to be sent to everyone in her address book, but as soon as it goes viral, her life as she knows it is over. Solution: move to a new town, find a new job, make new friends. If only it were as simple as that...

My thoughts:
Review Essie writes something for fun, but then something happens and everyone knows her mistake. Her boyfriend, his mum, and she looses everything. Her job, her boyfriend and her home. But honestly, her boyfriend was not that special and his mum a horror. Even if it takes Essie a while to realise this.

So she needs a place to live, an a new job and all POVS come together. As for Essie, she was normal and likable.

Then there is Cilla, a 83 year old with a taste for fashion, and omg she was so cool.

Connor, who left a good paying job to find his passion. A nice guy.

Then there is Lucas, a bar owner, and Essie's BFF Scarlett who sounds like a hoot.

They all have their spot in the limelight and I do not know how she does it. The book is not that long, but the story takes place over some months so people have time to become friends, find romance and find new things to like. It all works really well.

Conclusion;
A nice story about many stories. Friendships are made and romance is found

Narrator Esther Wane
Oh her voice of this annoying person cracked me up, and I liked her Connor voice. It made me lol.
She did a great job with it all 

Audio CD, 11 pages
Published June 5th 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published January 25th 2018)
Romantic fiction
For review

19 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed every Mansell book I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by this author! Don't you hate it when a character is with someone horrible and doesn't realize it? I get so angry when I know they deserve someone better and just don't see it.

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaat? I have read tons ;)

      Omg yes! She was all, but he was so nice. Right, sure he was at times, but he was an utter ass too

      Delete
  3. complicated for me to have many POVs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I wonder what an "annoying person voice" sounds like! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't Cilla super cool, I want to be like her. Now you are making me want to listen to this even though I've read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story sounds pretty interesting for sure, and I would love to try in book form. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own so many books by Jill Mansell but I don't think I have read any of them. This sounds like a book with some really great characters. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do have me interested in grabbing this one. Out with the old and in with the better, sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read Mansell. This sounds like one to try and probably on audio. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP