Friday 22 June 2018

I am still Celebrating Audiobooks



I am borrowing this from Sophia over at Hot Listens, and she took it from Books and Thing's youtube channel.

1. Have you always listened to audiobooks or when did you begin?

To be honest, I am an oldie! But I had a long long break. When I was little I used to listen to anything the library had, Astrid Lindgren and stories from Greek mythology. I used to fall asleep to those and I loved them.



Then I stopped. I can not say when that was. Was I even in elementary school? But yes it took me ages to start again and mostly cos awesome bloggers around me kept raving about audio. That was like 2-3 years ago.



2. What is your favorite audiobook?
I think everyone knows that by now. Tadaa, Heartstrikers! DO not make me pick one. But if I must I will only narrow down to 2 3 and 4. Maybe 3?

 Check out my great audiobooks post


3. What is my least favorite thing about audiobooks?
I need a good voice. Most of the time I like the voice. But there has been instances when I just could NOT. It got on my nerves.

They also take longer even though I up the speed


4. What do you think is the difference in experience between physically reading a book and listening to it?
I seem to feel the books more in audio format. As you have noticed I have listened to a lot of YA nd I have given out a LOT of 4s. Would those books still be 4s if I read them...I doubt it.  I have given out so many 4s and 5s since I started listening to audio so yes there must be something that just grabs my attention more than a physical book



5. How and when do you listen?
When I take S out for her nap, I try to walk for an hour. MIL keeps telling me that I should like push the stroller for 5 min and I am  all I need my audio fix woman! lol. But yes then. And when I am putting her to sleep and if I wake before her but just want to chill. See, all my listening time is focused around her.


6. What style/genre do you prefer?
Romance is just lovely in audio! And YA fiction keeps surprising me. Who knew YA was this good!


7. What are some audiobook/narrator recommendations?
I really like Vikas Adam cos he voice is soooo lovely. (Heartstrikers!!) When it comes to female voices I like Amy Melissa Bentley because she is great in YA, Starry eyes! and I love her romance voice (Her Lauren Layne ones)
.......................................................




Also check me out today on Hot Listens! I am answering a rather well known question by now ;)

Also read all their June posts as they are celebrating Audiobook month :D



29 comments:

  1. I need a good voice and a good delivery. I started listening to audio books after I started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried and tried to get into audio reads, but no matter the voice or genre, I just can't stay interested, and will usually get super tired or fall asleep. You give some really good reasons to try it though. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true about actually feeling the book in audio Blodeuedd. I'm a recent audio addict and now I can't stop. Thank God audible has a daily deal or I would have to return to the workforce to afford my habit :) Great Post Hail Hail to audio month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like it would be impossible to stop now. Audiobooks are a drug

      Delete
  4. I have a hard time enjoying an audiobook. I read really fast and can through a book in 2 hours so waiting longer than that makes me irritated. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I used to feel like that too. They do take a lot longer

      Delete
  5. I saw this tag at Hot Listens too and might reach on it before the end of June. Yes forgot about listening as a child although for me it was only via radio. Narrators sure make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always went for the same ones, like picked between 2 lol. No idea what other ones they had

      Delete
  6. My main problem with audiobooks is I am easily distracted when listening. I am a visual person so you see my dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make walking easier ;) Cos else it would boring. But you need to find your thing

      Delete
  7. I wish I could speed up my audiobooks but I have a hard time following them when I try. Boring 1x speed for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's come to the point where I can only "read" YA in audio. Something about the format makes them better, even if the book itself is horrible!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure, 99% that most of these YA ones would have been a rating lower if I had read them. Audio transforms YA for me

      Delete
  9. Those Rachel Aaron books do seem like they'd be good on audio...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't do a lot of audiobook but it's interesting to rea your answers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Narrator makes or breaks a book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There it is! I was eager to read your answers for the tag.

    Being able to speed up the Audible ones is a life saver. Wish I could do that with the review file ones. Oh well! Love getting to try new ones.
    I will go for your Heartstrikers, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it took a while :)

      You can't speed up the review ones? I dled an app, well I have two cos I am weird

      Delete
  13. I feel like listening to books on audio is relaxing, it's nice you can listen around the baby's schedule.
    I used to listen and crochet, I need to get back to doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, sometimes I still fall asleep to it

      Delete
  14. I've only found one or two performances that I couldn't stand the narration, but I also had issues with the story. I think if I like the story, I'm more forgiving on the narrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I am not keen on the story, but I love the narrator and is very forgiving

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP