Thursday 20 April 2017

A dance with Mr Darcy - Regina Jeffers

The reason fairy tales end with a wedding is no one wishes to view what happens next. 

Five years earlier, Darcy had raced to Hertfordshire to soothe Elizabeth Bennet’s qualms after Lady Catherine’s venomous attack, but a devastating carriage accident left him near death for months and cost him his chance at happiness with the lady. Now, they meet again upon the Scottish side of the border, but can they forgive all that has transpired in those years? They are widow and widower; however, that does not mean they can take up where they left off. They are damaged people, and healing is not an easy path. To know happiness they must fall in love with the same person all over again. 

My thoughts:
This one was tough, she really put them through a lot. I have never felt so sorry for poor Lizzy. Life dealt everyone a cruel hand.

Darcy never returned to Lizzy, though, not by his own choice. He was in a really bad accident and then he married someone else.

But that was not the really bad part. Lizzy was dealt a cruel fate by her marriage. Poor poor Lizzy. She was changed, but at the same time not. I liked how the author made her strong.

The biggest surprise in this book was Lydia. I actually liked her. It had been 5 years so she had the chance to grow up a bit.

Darcy and Lizzy meet again. She is not happy, but slowly they learn truths about each other, and he never stopped loving her. And she never stopped wondering what could have been.

I enjoyed this variation. It was different and they were different people now too. (


Kindle Edition, 180ish
Published March 21st 2017 by Regency Solutions
Pride and Prejudice variation
own

29 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting twist and second chance romance to the classic story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twist was really different from the ones I am used to

      Delete
  2. Don't tell anyone...but I've never read the original version of Pride and Prejudice. I really really need to, because I think I'd love it. I do love a good 'what if?' story, and it looks like you enjoyed this one.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! This sounds horrible!! I don't think I could've gone through this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read the original. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have watched the movie then I am fine with that ;)

      Delete
  5. The first sentence of that blurb cracks me up. It's all downhill after the fairytale wedding lol? Sounds like a nice alternate take though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHo knows, maybe Cinderella finds out that she can not live with his foot fetish

      Delete
  6. It's not my type of book but glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm not sure I'd like Mr. Darcy with anyone but Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking Lydia? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhha?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read the original or any of the variations. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This variation actually sounds kinda sweet in the end, despite the sad beginning.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, that does sound like a tough situation for them. I do love Regina Jeffer's stories so I'll get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must confess, I never read the original ad I have avoided variations of the story. Sounds like you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them, and you do not need to have read the original either

      Delete
  13. I really need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP