Wednesday 26 April 2017

Dark Matter - Blake Crouch

“Are you happy with your life?” 
Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious. Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits. Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.” 

In this world he’s woken up to, Jason’s life is not the one he knows. His wife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor, but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable. Something impossible.

Is it this world or the other that’s the dream? And even if the home he remembers is real, how can Jason possibly make it back to the family he loves? The answers lie in a journey more wondrous and horrifying than anything he could’ve imagined—one that will force him to confront the darkest parts of himself even as he battles a terrifying, seemingly unbeatable foe.

My thoughts:
It was not amazing, but at the same time I could not put it down. I started reading it, and then I finished it. It was just impossible to put down, I needed to know what would happen.

It's about Jason who gets knocked out and wakes up in a strange place. And I was all wtf happened? A parallel universe? Cos here he is not married, he has no son, and he spent his life following his passion in science.

And that is the whole deal, wtf happened? What is this? And when he tries to find out, well then it got even more impossible to put down. And then it got real crazy.

Conclusion:
So there was something in the story that just pulls you in. I can still not say it's amazing. BUT it's amazing in the fact how it makes you unable to stop reading....strange really.

Cover
meh

Hardcover, 352 pages
Published August 11th 2016 by Macmillan
Fiction / sci-fi /suspense
Library

50 comments:

  1. This does sound like a interesting story. I remember seeing a review for it at some point a while ago. I remember thinking that I wanted to try it, but I haven't yet. Hopefully, one day.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I have seen this book around and hear great things about it. Still not sure if it is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you couldn't stop reading says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one but haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did plan to give it a try after reading some great reviews for it. I love the sound of it and might give it a try someday. Anyway, awesome review. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Your review really makes me even more curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed it, I thought it was a quick fun read and it does pull you in. I couldn't stop reading it as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read several of his books and they are all like that. You can't put them down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. I loved this book, even though I knew it wasn't perfect, but it completely sucked me in and I couldn't put it down even if I tried.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I was curious about this one. Can't put down is good enough for me, even if it isn't amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to check it out now because I want a book that will completely suck me in. Going to see if the library has an audio version

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like finding a story that is crazy and I just have to know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone sent me this but it's not my kind of book so I passed it on to my MIL and she loved it - everyone started raving and I had regrets lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not love it. But I still could not out it down

      Delete
  13. Oh yes...this was definitely one of those books that are impossible to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right? it's the most annoying thing. having to keep flipping the pages until you find out what happens to him! I did love this more than you, though. :) Still. Soooo addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yeah I did not love it, still I read it in a sitting

      Delete
  15. I agree, the amazement is in how it pulls you in in spite of not being perfect. I love all the mystery about his life and the stranger. I'll have to add this one to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I loved this one! And man it does get crazy towards the end doesn't it lol? I agree, though, they couldn't give it a better cover than this???

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds interesting. I have never read this author but maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a tv series made from his books

      Delete
  18. I couldn't put this book down either! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh. Like a train wreck, you just have to look and know. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this one in two formats and still haven't read it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, really? Maybe one day then, since you do have it

      Delete
  21. I loved this one...Could.Not.Put.It.Down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not love it, but could still not put it down

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP