Wednesday 12 April 2017

The Awakening - Amanda Stevens

Shush…lest she awaken… 

My name is Amelia Gray, a cemetery restorer who lives with the dead. An anonymous donor has hired me to restore Woodbine Cemetery, a place where the rich and powerful bury their secrets. Forty years ago, a child disappeared without a trace and now her ghost has awakened, demanding that I find out the truth about her death. Only I know that she was murdered. Only I can bring her killer to justice. But the clues that I follow—a haunting melody and an unnamed baby's grave—lead me to a series of disturbing suspects. 

For generations, The Devlins have been members of Charleston's elite. John Devlin once turned his back on the traditions and expectations that came with his birthright, but now he has seemingly accepted his rightful place. His family's secrets make him a questionable ally. When my investigation brings me to the gates of his family's palatial home, I have to wonder if he is about to become my mortal enemy. 

My thoughts:
I am sad to see this series end, but at the same time I am happy that it ended well and did not drag out like some were you just start to feel meh about the whole thing. I will also miss the whole vibe of the series. Southern Gothic mystery, it's spooky, without being scary.

Amelia still misses Devlin, and so do I. They were good together, but he was in deep with...other things.  But this new case she is on takes her back to him and his world. Something was buried in that graveyard, something is haunting it. And she must find out what happened because the ghost will not let go of her.

Ghosts who want answers, bad omens and creepy graveyards. This is such a great world she created. I can feel I was there in then heat, dirt and strange things happening.


Conclusion:
I was happy how it all ended. A good series that I am sad to see end.

Cover
I guess it works

Paperback, 416 pages
Published March 28th 2017 by Mira
Graveyard Queen #6
Mystery /fiction /paranormal
Own

40 comments:

  1. I know a lot of readers were very pleased with this last book. Glad you're one of those too! I'd rather a series end well than it dragged in a bad way too, so I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Some just drag on and on and on and on

      Delete
  2. I think that's too creepy for me. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Is there an echo in here? :D Kidding.

    Glad you loved this series. I know it's got a following. I wish I'd enjoyed it enough to follow along too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had series peeps have loved and I wish I had followed along for the ride too

      Delete
  4. Eep! This is the last?! I just finished The Visitor last night and I'm planning to start the next one today. Gosh what happened to Devlin???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when a series ends well. So disappointing when they don't! Glad this one ended well for you. Love that cover!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad this had an ending you liked. I've been seeing a lot of reviews for this one and every one seems to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that this series ended well for you, a lot of series enders really haven't left me feeling satisfied at all. And its always said to goodbye to characters you've become attached to

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I'm in agreement. I'm going to miss this one but I do hear that she will have some novellas in the same world coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, so hard to say goodbye. Loved this series, you are so right about the creepy vibe, one of the best parts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to sit down and read this series. I have all of them except this newest one so hopefully I can get to it soon. I am glad that you liked how the series wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love when a series wraps up well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She did a great job making this series creepy without being corny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to tackle this series. So glad it ends on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to have a series that hooked you and ended at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally get that mixed feeling! Glad it was a good even though your sad the series ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ I want more, but still, good that it ended

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. ;) She makes them sound pretty and creepy

      Delete
  17. I just read a review about this series on Books and Things not too long ago. Not really my style of book, but sounds interesting. Glad you liked the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've got to try this series. I even have the first book on audio. I will get to it soon. I swear LOL

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP