Thursday 27 April 2017

The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy - Julia Quinn

Sir Richard Kenworthy has less than a month to find a bride. He knows he can't be too picky, but when he sees Iris Smythe-Smith hiding behind her cello at her family's infamous musicale, he thinks he might have struck gold. She's the type of girl you don't notice until the second—or third—look, but there's something about her, something simmering under the surface, and he knows she's the one.

Iris Smythe–Smith is used to being underestimated. With her pale hair and quiet, sly wit she tends to blend into the background, and she likes it that way. So when Richard Kenworthy demands an introduction, she is suspicious. He flirts, he charms, he gives every impression of a man falling in love, but she can't quite believe it's all true. When his proposal of marriage turns into a compromising position that forces the issue, she can't help thinking that he's hiding something . . . even as her heart tells her to say yes. 

My thoughts:
Richard really was a dick about the whole secret thing. Not cool Richard, not cool. I get that he wanted to keep the whole thing a secret but...sigh..men!

Iris is pale, ok, so that is the reason why no one notices her. How freaking pale is she? I am thinking of a ghost girl now that people just see through. What is up with that? But she is nice, quiet, used to be overlooked. And when someone does notice her then she is all wtf. Who can blame her.

Richard has a secret, duh. He needs a wife, fast! We do not know the reason. He does not tell her the reason. Asshat that he is.

The reason was a good one, but, he did not go about it the right way. It was needed for the drama, but still.......

Conclusion:
Still,  it was cute, I read it fast.


Cover
I kind of like it

Mass Market Paperback, 378 pages
Published January 27th 2015 by Avon
Smythe-Smith Quartet #4
Historical romance
Library

44 comments:

  1. I am curious about the secret. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely something to be said for a cute, fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Men can be really such a pain in the ass. But even after everything, it's great to know that you still enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you liked it but it's not for me. The title reminds me a bit of Agatha Christie btw...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird about the whole pale skin thing since this was set back when they protected skin with hats and gloves and prized pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well everything about her was pale. Hair, eyelashes

      Delete
  6. Apparently, she's so pale she's transparent. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I have read this one of hers, ha pale, pale! And an asshat male. Sounds perfect and I am sure they lived happily ever after!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was drinking water when I read the "How freaking pale is she? I am thinking of a ghost girl" and had to try really hard not to laugh and get it everywhere <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am happy I almost made you do that. hehe

      Delete
  9. oh glad you enjoyed this one. I remember enjoying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to hear it all turned out, but I'd be ticked about Richard if he kept the secret for a long time. Plus, poor girl probably would have a hard time trusting his feelings for her when she found out. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good secret to keep but damn man, she is your wife

      Delete
  11. How freaking pale is she? lol Sounds pretty darn pale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great, hilarious review. I love Julia Quinn, but I haven't read this one. I'm going to have to fit it in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, I wonder what the reason could be? This is not my kind of book, but I admit I can't help being curious :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good reason, not only his secret to keep

      Delete
  14. I love this review! The ghost girl and the guy with the big secret :) I do need to read more Julia Quinn soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I usually love Julia Quinn, but like you, found Richard to be a bit of a wad sometimes, haha. But agree, a cute, quick read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some HR's can be so cruel about women's looks & Richard sounds like an ass.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be! Many times the whole she was not pretty and blah blah blah

      Delete
  17. I have not heard of this one but I will have to put this one on my to read list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He did need a good slap on the head but alas most men in historicals do LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought they liked the porcelain complexion XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing was that everything was pale, hair, eyelashes, brows

      Delete
  20. Richard sounds like a big ol' butt.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP