Tuesday 18 April 2017

It happened on Love Street - Lia Riley

Pepper Knight moved to Everland, Georgia, as step one in her plan for a successful legal career. But after this big-city gal's plans go awry, going home with her tail between her legs isn't an option. So when the town vet-and her sexy new neighbor-offers Pepper a temporary dog-walking job, she jumps at the chance. No one needs to know that man's best friend is her worst nightmare . . . or that Everland's hot animal whisperer leaves her panting.

The last thing Rhett Valentine wants is to be the center of small-town gossip. After his first love left him at the altar, he's been there, done that. These days, life is simple, just the way he likes it. But sultry southern nights get complicated once sparks fly between him and the knockout next door. When she proposes a sexy, secret fling-all the deliciousness and none of the prying neighbors-it seems too good to be true. And it is. Because Pepper's determined to leave Love Street, and when she goes, she just might take his heart with her . . . 

My thoughts:
I chose it because of the cover..what?! It's cute :D I make too many NG decisions based on cuteness when it comes to contemporary romance.

Pepper comes to a small town as a step in becoming a lawyer, but something goes wrong and she must stay in this small town. It's a cute town, a friendly gossiping town. Oh and the neighbour is a hottie. As for Pepper herself, she felt this need to take care of everyone, she was afraid to look like a failure and she is driven. She needs to chill.

Rhett the vet. Awww, I like a man who loves animals. He is hounded by the grannies of town to find a girlfriend ;) Haha, poor guy. He is a sweet guy.

They meet, they become friendly, they fall in lust. There is some drama in town. There are dogs. Treasure hunts and a good romance. Her sister shows up too and will find love in the next book, that will be interesting.

Conclusion:
A nice romance

Cover
Sweet


Kindle Edition, 368
Expected publication: April 25th 2017 by Forever
Everland #1
Contemporary romance
Netgalley

41 comments:

  1. It is a sweet cover! Great review, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame your pregnancy hormones! Hahaha JK

    This sounds like the perfect cuddly Spring romance read. And the cover art IS lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, that cover really looks cute. And this one sounds great too, since there's dogs. I love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more of a cat person to be honest ;)

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about choosing off cuteness hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong when animals are involved. I'd like to read this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if my first comment went through. If so, delete this one. Yes, I'm more of a cat person. I love my fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you impulse pick based on the cute cover worked. I have gotten bitten far too many times for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's because the cover looks like it's a Jill Shalvis book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhett the vet? It does sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed this one and that picking it based on the cover worked. I keep telling myself not to pick books based on the cover, but I do a lot of the time and cute/awesome covers don't always make for great stories. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not too, but when it comes to netgalley I just can not help myself sometimes

      Delete
  11. Most contemporary romance covers have a certain "look" - but this one really is quite cute. No shame in choosing it for the cover! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to choose cute sometimes :) I only ever use NG for his rom and con rom anyway, the rest I want in print

      Delete
  12. Agree with you, the cover is so cute. I still can't imagine there are people who are afraid of dogs. It's hilarious. And small town romances always interest me. ;)
    Awesome review. I'll check this one out, especially the author. She is a new to me author. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am. Dogs are freaking scary and the tiny ones hate me. I am afraid they are gonna bite

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a winner! Covers draw me in too, and this one is pretty cute! Love men who love animals. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So picking it based off the cover paid off? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree it is a totally cute cover and can see why you were invited in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute cover. The story sounds heartwarming. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When it comes to romance, the covers on NG always get me. I'm a sucker for a cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just finished this one last night and agree with your thoughts. The cover is quite adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am right there with you on the cover. There is so much CR nowadays, we need a way to whittle them down. Whatever works! LOL

    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I chose it for the cover, too! It looks like Taylor Swift to me. lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP