Wednesday 19 April 2017

Early review: Too hard to forget - Tessa Bailey

Peggy Clarkson is returning to her alma mater with one goal in mind: confront Elliott Brooks, the man who ruined her for all others, and remind him of what he's been missing. Even after three years, seeing him again is like a punch in the gut, but Peggy's determined to stick to her plan. Maybe then, once she has the upper hand, she'll finally be able to move on.

In the years since Peggy left Cincinnati, Elliott has kept his focus on football. No distractions and no complications. But when Peggy walks back onto his practice field and into his life, he knows she could unravel everything in his carefully controlled world. Because the girl who was hard to forget is now a woman impossible to resist. 

My thoughts:
I read book 1, I did not read book 2, but I could easily read book 3. It's about the romance they find along the way after all. One sister stayed in her town in book 1, the rest of the siblings continued their road trip to honor their mum. A brother stayed behind in book 2 (even if I did not get to read his romance). And now only two siblings are left. Before I start with Peggy I so have to say that Belmont's and Sage's story looks to be great. What is his deal? I can not remember from book 1. They have something so raw and should just give in.

But this was Peggy's book. She has 4 failed engagements behind her and can not forget the football coach she loved back in College. A lot of time may not have passed but she has grown bitter and flighty. And hey I can see why when she goes to confront Elliott and make him ache for her. We get flashbacks from their romance and it was passionate and angry.

Elliott could not forget her either. And damn that man had issues, and religious guilt too. Move on man, you have nothing to be guilty over. He was so closed off and needed to be shaken.

Peggy just wants to move on but hey you are in still in love with him, you can not move on. But it is he who needs to change.

Lots of smexy times and dirty talk in this one, for all of you who like that ;)

Conclusion:
Raw lust and anger. Romance and two people finding each other again and letting themselves fall in love.

Cover
ok

Kindle Edition, 336
Expected publication: April 25th 2017 by Forever
Romancing the Clarksons #3
Contemporary romance
netgalley


41 comments:

  1. Ohh I love these kind of romance series. I love the reading about each family member's adventures in luuurrrrvvvveeee. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read this author before, but I've been hearing alot about her lately. I'm going to have to check her books out. They sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard so much about this book so I went to ng

      Delete
  3. I like Bailey. I have another of her books waiting on my Kindle but I can't remember if I read any of this series yet.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed Tessa Bailey's books a lot in the past, I may have to pick this series up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read one of her books and it was just ok for me. This sounds like a good one, gad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it better than the first one...I think

      Delete
  6. Eh.... the dirty talk and smexy times would annoy me after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love second chance romances. I've not come across this series before, I don't think. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Tessa Bailey but I do enjoy second chance romances. This sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it when you can jump around in a series like that. Not that I do that or anything... *cough* Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peggy sounds like she's had an interesting past. Along with Elliott's baggage, must have made for some dramatic moments :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four failed engagements?! I've heard good things about this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has issues ;) And might say yes too quickly

      Delete
  12. I love dirt talks, hmm I'll check out this book and think about it. Awesome review, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Four failed engagements? Wow!

    Glad you were able to jump into book three. The siblings travel and story sounds like a good premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like when that works cos you do not always have the time to read them all, or opportunity

      Delete
  14. it looks like a nice romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of this romance, I could definitely read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love second chance romances. This look like one that I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 4?! D: I would've given up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I was very curious on how this book worked out. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did NOT like book two so skipped this one. Now you have me wondering if I should give the series another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I can not say since you did not like book 2...which I did not read

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP