Thursday 8 November 2018

Audio: Between a Highlander and a hard place - Mary Wine


Book 5 in the Highland Weddings series
Author Mary Wine
Narrated by Antony Ferguson
Publication date Oct 30, 2018
Running time 8 hrs 12 min
Publisher. Tantor Audio
Historical romance
Thanks to Tantor for this review copy

My Thoughts

I am really starting to hate the Edinburgh court and those dang lowlanders! Curse them all to hell! There is some hate from the previous books (you should read them and curse the court too).

To the book. Athena is English. She lives with her goldsmith uncle. A nobleman said he would marry her and she likes him. And obviously something is to go wrong because how else would a handsome Scot have her. That English nobleman, oh how I cursed his name and still did when I finished the book. But Athena is brave and ends up in Scotland.

Symon, aww, yes I have met him in so many books, and yes yes! We are finally getting Brenda's story after this (well I hope!). I have longed for her HEA. But yes Symon's too, because he does seem lonely and needs a woman.

These two meet, and if you have read the previous books you know which road it will take. But for the rest, I wont spoil it, but come one, he is a Highlander, ha. Sparks fly. They want each other, but she is careful. But oh trust him woman! He wants to marry you.

They do their little dance and then there is drama too. But there is also a build up for the next book at the end and I am on pins and needles! There was a cliffie regarding the next couple. But hey we all know a HEA will come there too. 

Conclusion
I enjoyed this one! Passion and drama

Cover
Nice

Narrator
Ferguson is a must for narrating a Wine book and I do adore his highlanders! Splendidly.

Synopsis
Athena Trappes thinks she's in love . . . until she discovers the scoundrel only wanted her as his bit on the side. Enraged, she does what any spirited Englishwoman would do: set fire to his belongings, incur his dangerous wrath, and flee—immediately. With nowhere else to turn, she seeks freedom in the wilds of Scotland.

Highland Laird Symon Grant lost his wife years ago, and it's his duty to find another. Athena is not exactly what the clan has in mind for him, but Symon's heart burns with unexpected passion for the woman who would risk everything to be free.



19 comments:

  1. I really liked your review, and the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this looks good Blodeuedd, I've never read Mary but I have enjoyed her alter ego Dawn Ryder. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not believe I have tried her alter ego

      Delete
  3. it's been so long since I haven't read a highlander romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah I miss my highlander romances

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Mary Wine yet but this sounds like a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious about this Antony Ferguson narrator. I bet he does a very sexy Scottish accent!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, sure in a way, but I mostly think of him as a grey haired old guy

      Delete
  7. *shakes fist in anger* Those dang lowlanders. Sounds like a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I do love a Mary Wine historical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at passion and drama and highlander.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP