Thursday 22 November 2018

The Tethered Mage - Melissa Caruso

Paperback, 438 pages
Published October 24th 2017 by Orbit
Series Swords and Fire #1
Fantasy
Own

My Thoughts:
I did enjoy this one. It was a solid book, but nothing amazing. Good is still good, and I do hope book 2 will be even better. But hey if the entire series is solid good then that is fine too. I liked the lightness of it.

I wanna get back to Anne with an E, so better make this short.

Amalia is a noble woman who becomes a Falconer by mistake. That is someone who says what the person wielding magic can or can not do. I liked Amalia, she was sensible.

Zaire is the one with magic. Eh, maybe I will warm up to her. She was so something at times.

Zaire wants to be free and hates Amelia. They must become friends.

And someone is trying to make war happen.

The worldbuilding was not the strongest, pretty weak to be honest. But the story was light and easy and fast to read. I will def read more.

BlurB.
In the Raverran Empire, magic is scarce and those born with power are strictly controlled -- taken as children and conscripted into the Falcon Army. 

Zaira has lived her life on the streets to avoid this fate, hiding her mage-mark and thieving to survive. But hers is a rare and dangerous magic, one that threatens the entire empire.

Lady Amalia Cornaro was never meant to be a Falconer. Heiress and scholar, she was born into a treacherous world of political machinations. But fate has bound the heir and the mage. 

War looms on the horizon. A single spark could turn their city into a pyre.

18 comments:

  1. I hope book 2 will be even better as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one, the relationships were done so well - not just the romance, but the one between the character and her mother too. I liked book 2 a lot, and hopefully it gives you more worldbuilding :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Well falconer here means the one holding the magic person, and she was at the wrong time at the wrong place and touched her so

      Delete
  4. This doesn't sound light at all.

    Glad you enjoyed it enough to continue even though it wasn't a WOW read.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it is ;) Light for me is dark to some lol

      Delete
  5. Sometimes a lighter read is just the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. Is it YA fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adult. Since no love triangles ;) Oh bad me. But yes adult

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you enjoyed this one even if the worldbuilding wasn't too strong. Hopefully the next one is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one and I've heard good things about it. Sometimes light and easy is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that in fantasy and yes for some they might not describe it as such, eh

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP