Saturday 17 November 2018

Saturday Discussion: Anne with an E



Hello everyone! This month Carole and I decided to shake it up a bit and watch Season 1 and Season 2 of 'Anne with an E'.

I am in red and Carole in orange.



Anne with an E Poster
Title: Anne with an E 

Genre: Drama
Running Time: Season 1 & Season 2
Rating: TV - PG
Released: 2017 - 2018


The adventures of a young orphan girl living in the late 19th century. Follow Anne as she learns to navigate her new life on Prince Edward Island, in this new take on L.M. Montgomery's classic novels.




DISCUSSION: 
Mmm, your text was hidden from me just now. Sigh. Not my day! Let us start

Very weird! But yesssss. I am so glad we watched this. I’ve had this on my list for a while. So long that season 2 already came out. LOL I am so bad.

Same! I am glad I finally watched it, all thanks to the book Marilla of Green Gables. Which also made me realise many have not read or watched the previous series. OMG I loved that series as a kid. Canadian tv rocks! It was so sweet.

I never watched it as a kid! D: I heard of it and I wasn’t really interested. Not sure what was wrong with my kid mind.

Well to be honest, there wasn’t much on when I was younger. Things I remember was Anne of Green Gables, Flying Doctors (best show ever), MacGyver and Little house on the Prairie. So those were always on re-runs ;)

I remember Little House on the Prairie. That was fun. I was a Full House and Prince of Bel-Air kid. I also liked the anime shows (nerrrddddddd kid). So yes. This was a first for me. I wasn’t sure what to expect. LOL. Anne is a handful D: IDK if I could handle her as my kid.

Lol. I like to think that I have a good imagination, but Anne’s head is always in the clouds. And at that time when chores had to be done and houses not burned down ;) Well, I can imagine her being quite the handful.

I feel like I would have a hard time being her friend at first. Not that she is a bad person, but she is clueless and embarrassing. She is also pretty darn selfish. Bless Diana’s heart. Took her in right away even though all the others were like “ew red-headed orphan!” Which. I like red-heads...I am jealous I don’t have red hair. >_>

Yes, why the hate on red-heads?  Always wanted red hair! And why the hate on her being an orphan?! Privileged two parents assholes!
But yes Anne is, more fun to read or watch then to have as an actual friend. I guess you grow used to her and then I imagine she is quite wonderful. Always thinking of new games. But she is also THE BIGGEST DRAMA QUEEN ever.

Yesss that town needed to have a reality check. HOW MANY TIMES DOES ANNE HAVE TO SAVE THE DAY FOR YOU PEOPLE TO AT LEAST TOLERATE HER!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to scream. Like….c’mon she is learning the proper ways to act in society. She was a damn orphan. Give the girl a break. That one boy (can’t remember his name) was such an asshat. I wanted someone to beat him. Terrible kid. No reason for it. He has a good home and friends. UGH
And yessss she was a huge drama queen. She really needs to see a therapist. Things got overly dramatic at the end of season 2. I was a little meh about it. Like….I don’t know what to say without spoiling. But c’mon. Everyone chill.

I liked season 1, it was nice. But in season 2 I felt they took on too much too fast. Race, social differences, gender, women’s role, sexuality in different forms, bullying. Every issue there is they wanted to bring forth. Too much at once.

Yes, they did take on too much in the last season. I get all those are important things especially back then. But focus on a couple of things. Save some plot line for the next season.

I guess that if they did not know they would get a 3rd then they wanted to discuss everything! But it was all too fast. Spread it out! Like now I felt the whole Dash thing so weird. What kind of grown man follows a 14 year old boy home and lives with him? And then his romance, also too fast!

I feel like they went around the whole thing wrong. Maybe Dash comes to town with him and then gets a house in the town. Meets his girlfriend. The boy is lonely and asks Dash and the wife to move in. I think I would’ve felt better that way. It just felt awkward. Don’t get me wrong. I adored the Dash character, but like you said...it felt rushed and awkward. Season 1 was soooo good and Season 2 felt so rushed and jam-packed with all these social issues.

Dash was wonderful, but yes his story should have been spread out over more and now just have them move in and..weird! And then they had those other things too. Like I would have liked the Miss Stacy thing to have its on time too. She was interesting. A woman in pants. Shocking! But like all other things it was thrown in there. S1 was much better. Sad but true.

They were prolly worried that was the last season. Not sure if they even announced another season or not. But I wished they did spread things out. I was happy to learn more about Anne’s adopted parents. Poor things. Gave up so much. I am so glad that Matthew got to have his moment of anger. He really held it all in with his silent ways. He was so resentful and I don’t blame him! I would’ve been too. He lost his brother too!

It does make me wonder, how did the brother died? Did I miss it?

They only allude to it. I don’t think they actually say HOW he died. How they talk about it was that it was just an accident of some sort.

At least they did not throw that in also, maybe it can be said in s3. Which I hope is more calmed down.

Have they announced s3 yet? I want to watch it! Even though S2 was rushed, I still enjoyed it overall. LOL. I want to see what happens next to these characters. *does research* Yesss looks like S3 is confirmed. Cool.

I meant to have so many things to say and now...siiiiiilence. Ok, so yes it is a fun series. I always like historical and it is fun to watch. Even when rushed.

There are a lot of topics they bring up but I feel like some of them will spoil the storyline. And again I apologize for the small spoiler I gave you a while back ;). It is a good show to watch and discuss. This town sucked at first but they are better now.

Well, that town is meant to suck, hehe. And they will grow and accept more things…*coughs* ANd there will always be asshats!

UGH the queen of having a closed mind is Marilla’s friend. I wanted to smack her! But then there were times she was awesome and then she would suck again. Ugh!!!! Maybe she won’t suck in season 3.

All people have ups and downs I guess. But she was being a b*tch at times

She was the worst. She was just as dramatic as Anne. LOL

Oh no, she is Marilla’s Anne! Like DIana to ANne

Oh dear god. Does that mean Diana is going to end up a spinster??????!!!! LOL

 Do you want me to spoil it?

Nooooo. LOL I’ll have to wait like a good girl. But I doubt Diana would be a spinster.

Oh now I remember. The teacher romance..that was weird too. I felt like they started it like one thing and then made it another thing.

Ewwww that whole thing was gross. Maybe if the teacher was actually good looking it wouldn’t have been gross? IDK but he looked like a child molestor (which in fact he was). He was a mean werido.

But at that time no one thought it would be weird if that girl married him. I guess she was like 17? Totally ok if he had a future. But it was so strangely done. Like with the whole season

True. It wouldn’t have been super weird...but HE made it gross. He looked gross, sounded gross, just ew. If he had been even remotely pleasing to the eye I think I wouldn’t be so grossed out. I’m glad it ended the way it did. He was an ass.

He was the worst kind of bully. I wanted to kick his arse.

Me too! Me too!

So, do we have more to add?

Without spoiling anything major??? Mmmm. Nothing but...Watch this show. It is good. At least watch s1.

Too bad s1 ends with a spoiler so you have to watch more!

LOL yesss it was a good way to end it. I couldn’t help but start s2 in a rush. OH THOSE GUYS! *shakes fist*

So long Avonlea then!


Can’t wait for s3!!!!!!! 






11 comments:

  1. I liked the 80's or was it 90s (? I'm too lazy to go look it up) TV series, so I'm interested to see how this adaptation would compare. Glad you two liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess 90s. I can not remember a lot, but I remember the feeling

      Delete
  2. Interesting how you guys reviewed a TV show this time. Not one for me, but I'm glad it was a good watch!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drama queen lol. Glad it got a S3 though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun discussion. Maybe I should give it a try. I've never read or watched any versions! O.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like something that I might need to try. Glad you both enjoyed the series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP