Saturday 3 November 2018

Carole's Halloween Movie: The Return of the Living Dead



Film Title: The Return of the Living Dead
Length: 1h 31 min
Released: 1985
Genre: Comedy , Horror , Sci-Fi 
Rating: R
Where I Got It: Friend's copy



SUMMARY:

When two bumbling employees at a medical supply warehouse accidentally release a deadly gas into the air, the vapors cause the dead to rise again as zombies.




TRAILER:
N/A


REVIEW:

Ohhhh horror films! They are the best especially around this time of the year. 



We decided to watch an oldie but a goodie. I have never seen this one before so I was excited! Zombies are gross and scary. These ones especially since they are pretty hard to destroy. 




The story follows two employees at a medical supply warehouse who accidentally release a deadly gas into the air. Unbeknownst them that this gas can cause the dead to rise as zombies! WHO ON EARTH DECIDED MAKING THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA????? Ugh. But yes, the dead are rising and the town is in shambles. What makes it worse is that the only real way to kill these zombies is by burning them. The normal way of removing the head does nothing. What to do? What to do? Mmmm




Ooooh the 80’s for sure had hilarious scary films. They are scary and gross, but you can’t help but chuckle especially with the cliché characters they introduce. Freddy, the young employee, and his friends are a bunch of weirdos. Freddy and the girlfriend are the most normal ones of the group. The rest of them are super freaks. But they certainly did add an element to the story for sure. 




I loved, loved, LOVED the twist. It made me sad, but it was really good. It makes sense…after thinking about it….but I didn’t expect it. Certainly entertaining and it add a layer to this gory mess. 




Zombies are gross and these are probably the grossest from all the films I have ever seen with Zombies. Kuddos! What makes them so bad and gross is that you can’t kill them. Not really. Plus, they are smarter than your average zombie. They also don’t move slow which would put me at a disadvantage for sure. UGH! WHAT WAS IN THAT GAS!?!?!?!?! If you want to be scared of zombies be scared of these nasty things. 




The ending was awesome. I mean…what else can you do? BUT is it really a solution? Darn those idiots. 




Yessss, this was pretty scary, but like I said earlier I chuckled a lot. SOOOOOOO CHEESY! I felt like I was drowning in a cheese bath. Typical 80s film. The effects and costumes were decent but there were times I just had to shake my head at it. So yes, you will have to take this oldie with a grain of salt. 




There was one scene that really, really bugged me. I didn’t want to see it and it made me super sad. Ugh. I now it was fake, but that poor pup. SOB!




Overall, I enjoyed the film. I wanted a good zombie film and I got one. Not your typical slow, dumb zombies that seem to be the norm lately. These are fast, strong, and smart. They want brains and they will get them dangit. 80’s cheesy but still good and one of the best zombie films for sure. There was that one scene that made me sad and mad, but what can you do? I’ll give this 5 stars. 




5 comments:

  1. It has been a really long time since I've seen this movie. I completely agree that 80's horror was funny, even when it wasn't trying to be (most of the sequels are so bad).

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks! I'm too wimpy, but glad it was zombilicious for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember this but I'm sure I've seen it a dozens times because Kevin has made me watch EVERY zombie movie lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP