Monday 26 December 2011

Review: Wanderlust - Ann Aguirre



1.) Reasons you chose this book 
I read book 1, perhaps 2 years ago and enjoyed it.

2.) Reasons you liked or disliked this book 
I disliked it for the stupid reason that it was just too long ago I read it. I remembered what had happened but who and what everyone did was another thing. And I felt kind of confused. Because if this I can't say if it was only that or if there was something else that bothered me too.

I also felt that the Jax I remembered from book 1 was not around, and I did not like March either in this one.

I liked it because it felt different, sci-fi, a bit of romance, evil aliens, and new things for our Heroine to do.

3.) Reasons you are recommending this book 
Even if I did not have the best of times with it I would still recommened it to Aguirre fans and readers who want to try sci-fi that aren't that sci.fi. I mean it is girly sci-fi with romance in it.


Blurb:
Sirantha Jax doesn’t take chances…she jumps at them… 

Sirantha Jax is a “Jumper,” a woman who possesses the unique genetic makeup needed to navigate faster than light ships through grimspace. Jax has worked for the Farwan Corporation her entire career. But now the word’s out that the Corp deliberately crashed a passenger ship, and their stranglehold on intergalactic commerce has crumbled—which means that Jax is out of a job. 

She’s also broke, due to being declared dead a little prematurely. So when the government asks her to head up a vital diplomatic mission, Jax takes it. Her mandate: journey to the planet Ithiss-Tor and convince them to join the Conglomerate. 

But Jax’s payday is light years away. First, she’ll have to contend with Syndicate criminals, a stormy relationship with her pilot, man-eating aliens, and her own grimspace-weakened body. She’ll be lucky just to make it to Ithiss-Tor alive

Pages: 312
Published: 2008
Publisher: Ace
Source: My own
Genre. Sci-fi, romance
Series: Sirantha Jax #2


19 comments:

  1. Actually I like the whole series but I did read it one installment after the other AND in a proper order ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana
    What, I am reading in the proper order, are you accusing me, j' accuse! ;)

    I guess it just did not work out for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review format. 'girly sci-fi with romance in it' sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read one book by this author - can't remember the title, but it was UF/PNR, first book in a series...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naida
    I use it when I do not have much to say ;) And this one I finished before xmas and with all that, I forgot what I mean to say


    Chris
    The ...series with guys on it or the one about Corrine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried reading Aguirre yet... reading from your review, maybe this book is not a good place for me to sample her work....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first book in this series a really long time ago as well, I wonder if I'd have the same problem as you picking up book two without refreshing book one. I like the sci fi elements of this series though, so I'm hoping to finish it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping to read this series eventually---I am going to read them back to back though---I have to with scifi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have not read this author, but she is somewhere on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girly sc-fi is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when I continue on with a series and then can't remember the series. I have a tendency to go back and reread because it drives me nuts... :) Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really have to read one of Ann's books one of these days. I have that problem too where I forget what happened in the previous book but don't really want to go back and reread it again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cherry
    I just do not know with this one, perhaps it was the wrong time for me to read it but it just did not hook me


    Chris
    Aha, yes I read book 1


    jenny
    For me it might just have been too long ago, I felt at a loss, even if I did know what had happened. But it was those little details that did me in.

    Still the sci-fi aspects were cool

    ReplyDelete
  14. Felicia
    Yes, that is first a good idea ;)


    Aurian
    Lol, I know about those somewhere books


    Steph
    Hihi, then give it a go


    Samantha
    I could have gone back but..hm, kind of gave book 1 away ;)


    jenny N
    I so do not want to go back and re-read, it would feel kind of like a waste of time. Some books I can just start up after not having read them in years but not this one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sci-fi just isn't my thing! But I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP