Tuesday 6 December 2011

Review: Alien Proliferation - Gini Koch

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt #4
Genre: Sci-fi romance
Pages: 448
Published: December 6, 2011
Publisher: DAW
Source: Won :D

Alien Super-Being Exterminator Kitty Katt is expecting her first baby. But the alien attacks are getting more dangerous, and now Kitty and her Alpha Centaurion husband, Jeff, have to find out who's behind the conspiracy to kill Kitty's secret agent mom and what caused Kitty's transformation into a superhuman-and they've got to do it all before the baby shower...

My thoughts:
These books are insane. I think Gini took everything she liked, mixed it together, went a bit crazy, wrote it down and made a freaking marvelous books. I think all authors should just run with it like she does. But then I am sure if someone else did it, I would think "come one, please", but here, here it works.

What to say then, I am a bit lost for words. Ok, I will try to put my kind back together. Kitty is awesome as always, I really need her as my bff. She kicks ass and saves the day. Martini, her hubby, is to die for. I really need a Martini for my own. Even his jealousy is adorable. Together they are meant to be. A true power couple, and one that gets a baby in this book.

The rest, well I love Christoper, I still do not like Chuck *shifty eyes* (trying to steal Jeff's woman!), the poofs are wonderful, I really liked the pontifax in this one, James is great, ACE is cool, and you know the rest. You have to love these people.

The action is nonstop, from her giving birth, to trying to understand who is behind it all. There is a big conspiracy underfoot, and just when you think it is solved you see that there is lots of pages left, aha, more things to come. It's not as easy as it looks.

Conclusion:
In the end what more can I say than that it's a series that I recommend. It even had me dreaming about aliens :)

Cover:
Awesome as always



25 comments:

  1. Won! No librarians were terrorized?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally need to get this series and devour it! I mean the fact that no librarians were hurt during the making of the series is a plus LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect summer book! You are so lucky...you won a book you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do need to get to this series. :) And I love that it's a great fun mix of so much. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so far behind on this series! I read the first one and loved it but then I got distracted by other books and haven't read all the others yet. Love Kitty and Martini:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is on my list, still waiting for book nr 1 to arrive to my house ;) Great review, but then, I have read no negative ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris
    Lol, no for once no one was terrorized


    Felicia
    Yes you do! They are fun and utterly crazy :D


    Ana
    The best reason to enter something, to get something you truly want


    Melissa
    You better start it right away, just saying ;)


    jenny
    You must continue! But yes the daunting TBR pile can do that to readers


    Aurian
    YAY, I do hope you will enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the insight - I have not heard of this series before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty kewl. I'm looking forward to reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another series I need to read. I think I need a list of all the series I need to catch up on for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The covers for this series have been so much fun! Martini sounds great. I love it when jealousy is cute. And the new addition to their little family, so different and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you like these so much. They do sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fun, action packed and just from reading your review I can see how much you love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I'd like any alien dreams - kinda scary for me! But it sounds like this book, even with the insanity, really worked for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stepping
    Oh it is a marvelllous series :D


    Redd
    Yay, I hope you like it too.


    Mel
    Lol, I know the feeling. Last year that was the Shifters books for me, this coming year I will try all the 1st books I got in different series.


    Missie
    In any other book it would have been so wrong but here it works. Cos he is an empath and he is just worried and feeliing everything, poor guy.


    Darlene
    So they are :D


    jenny
    It's nothing like it out there.


    Steph
    Nah, I just went home to my homeplanet Spain, in a tiny spaceship, and it looked like the old south when we landed

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha I want it, yes I do. I hadn't even heard of this series until I read your review. Now I'm sold :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought the first two books at my Borders closing sale but just haven't had the time to get to them yet.
    I'll have to hunker down for a reading marathon one of these weekends. The series sounds so fun....and a couple that stays together??? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never saw any of the books in this series on the secondhand market (cheap) so never got to read them (yet)... *sigh* still hoping :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teddy
    You had not? Then I am SO glad you read it here first :D


    Karen
    I know, from day one, trust me..day one ;) Oh I loved it from the start, Martini will make you melt. So get cracking on those two books.,


    Cherry
    Here is to hoping :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still need to read book 1. Yes, this is one series I'm determined to read from the beginning! LOL

    Oh it sounds like fun. I'm SO in!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melissa
    Hurry! Oh and do not jump a book, I repeat do not read out of order

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me and aliens just don't go together but your enthusiasm so makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Staci
    No aliens for you? But they are soooo good

    ReplyDelete
  24. When I read the description, I was like what?! But you totally sold me on this series. I want to give it a try like now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alexis
    Lol, yes the blurb throws you for a loop, this is a series to begin that the beginning

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP