Tuesday 5 June 2012

Cowboy Crazy - Joanne Kennedy


She kicked the country dust off her boots a long time ago…Sarah Landon’s Ivy League scholarship transformed her from a wide-eyed country girl into a poised professional. Her job at the Carrigan Oil Company has given her the sophisticated life she longed for, but when she meets her boss’s black-sheep brother, she realizes her roots are showing.

But he’s ready to remind her she’s a cowgirl at heart. Rebellious rodeo cowboy Lane Carrigan is determined to save the Wyoming community of Two Shot from the ravages of energy development, but Sarah’s convinced her old hometown needs a swift kick in the pants from the march of progress.

When a lapsed cowgirl collides with rodeo royalty, it’s bound to be a wild ride—and somebody’s going to end up in the dirt.

My thoughts:
A bit of cowboy loving, I should not say little. These two sure wanted each other at once and went for it. The trouble was the loving part, the passion was easy ;)

Sarah, I could understand her. Who wants to live in a dying town and with memories like that, so she left and created a new persona. Someone successful and from a good background, but she never lied. She is what Lane should be, but again also re-invented himself and threw away he privileged rich boy and tried his best to become a rancher and a cowboy. So they are opposites, however you look at it. But then does Sarah really want to be all prissy?

After having read 2 other books by her I did expect a bit of drama or something, but this was not that kind of book. This was all about the romance. Sarah struggles with her attraction as he is her boss's brother. And Lane really wants her. But she puts up quite the fight, good for her, he should work for it.

There is also a bit about her getting over something in the past and going back home. The town she never wanted to see again. She does have a few issues to deal with.

Conclusion:
All in all making this a sweet (and passionate) cowboy romance. Boy meets girl, the oldest story in the world, and just as lovely as always.

Cover:
Ok

Genre: Western romance / contemporary romance
Pages. 384
Published: June 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: for review


33 comments:

  1. I don't really read books like this, but if I did, there would have to be more to the story than just the romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think for a moment, I need drama, but that was silly cos it would have been the kind of drama I hate in books. Lol. It was nice just to see them struggle, that is drama enough

      Delete
  2. I love me some cowboys and this on my list to try :) I like sweet cowboy romances--they just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet ones are the best :) They just makes me happy

      Delete
  3. You know it, me and cowboys are not compatible, especially in romance fiction. I am glad you liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better stay away from those dirty cowboys! I can take them on..maybe

      Delete
  4. You Missie and Felicia up there are determined to get me into cowboys aren't you? You evil wenches! ;) Oh I know I'm gonna cave. I just know it! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Hihi, oh you know it!!! Cowboys are a must, I must I tell you

      Delete
  5. I think that cowboy on the cover looks crazy! O.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea-ha it's cowboy time..this looks perfect as a summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love a good cowboy book. This one sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh you and your cowboy obsession. Gotta love it! Don't blame you though...cowboys are sexy as heck. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you got me there. I just read and drool, and picture lots of hot cowboys in my head

      Delete
  9. Isn't that always the way ... passion's easy to come by but true love takes so much work to maintain -- even in romance novels. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how it should be :) Makes it real. Sure I love the I LOVE you at the first date and then they marry. But reality is always the sweeter

      Delete
  10. YES! All about the romance, I like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing wrong with a little cowboy loving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure isn't- Gotta love cowboy time

      Delete
  12. Hey hot cowboy, romance Wyoming setting...all about that! I grew up in Idaho and have been to WY plenty of times. I have also been to a few rodeos and met many cowboys and so I know first hand the appeal, aside from the manure on the boots. Sign me up! Ready for a cowboy read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like manure on boots, makes me scream and run in circles (yes it happens often. My grandparents farm ;)
      Still if there only were a few cowboys around it would be so much more worth while

      Delete
  13. I don't think I've ever read a cowboy book for now. Well I think I need to! I don't know if it's for me, but I'm curious to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never?! Then you really need too :) Cowboys are so hot (in books at least) and the books are fun

      Delete
    2. Yeah... never, I don't know why, but well here it is lol. With this comment I think I really need to try.

      Delete
    3. Well truth be told I had not read westerns either before like 2-3 years ago :) And then one of the first was Joanne Kennedy

      Delete
  14. Nice review Blodeuedd, glad you enjoyed it. I am getting "Dallas" vibes here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I have to lol. Oh Dallas, bad bad 80s hair and clothes

      Delete
  15. Sounds like a classic :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP