Wednesday 13 June 2012

Review: All I Ever Wanted - Kristan Higgins


One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair... 
and no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home. 
Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals.... So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor.... 

My thoughts:
Edit:This review was written 2 weeks ago when I had that little reviewing funk.

I am still feeling the urge to review in another way. Maybe the same old same old just wont cut it for me anymore.

The Good:
Callie was real, she was warm and she was nice and I liked her. And yes Ian was the opposite, cold, hard to get close to and guarded. But that is why I liked him because he was real too. Everyone is not open and cheerful and willing to fall in love, even willing to go around kissing people. Together they seem like a mess that wont happen, but it's a romance book and it happens and I felt it.

The story:
Crushing over someone who seems like an ass. Trouble at work. Family time and family drama. And taking the step to meet someone else. That is what this book was about and I enjoyed it.

The Bad:
I don't know here. There wasn't anything bad about the book. It was fun, it was cute and at one point it even made me want to cry. So nothing bad. But hey I needed the category anyway.

Recommended for:
Fans of romance and small towns.

Genre: Contemporary romance
Pages: 409
Published: 2010 by Harlequin
Source: My own

48 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Higgins - love the humor she injects into her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you out of your funk then?! I was in one a couple weeks ago as well, it happens fairly often:) This one sounds cute though, I like that you didn't have much in the "bad" category - always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out of the funk :) it was just bad week and I guess I can live with my reviews as they are. I need chaos

      Delete
  3. Everyone is not open and cheerful and willing to fall in love, even willing to go around kissing people. Nnnnn....O?Ha, good grief, I thought I am the sole exception...one learns something every day!

    I hope after your funk you will be only better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you are not alone.

      My funk is gone! It was more a reviewing funk. But I realize that I need chaos in my reviews to thrive

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a book I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of romance and small towns so this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! I think this is the next one I will try by her since I hadn't made up my mind yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was my first one :D I had to try her books!

      Delete
  7. I love it when two opposites attract and it actually works.

    Its okay. I think everyone has been in a funk lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my funk seemed to continue as I am so freaking late with reviews ;)

      Delete
  8. Yeah, all sorts of people are in reading funks and slumps lately...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing bad, huh? It still isn't really grabbing my attention though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't help you there, just trust your gut

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a damn good read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crushing over an ass? That is an interesting way to put it! I liked this review, entertaining and concise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been in a review funk too. I rather not have to think about what I'm writing. I hope it passes for us soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your reviews. You always make me smile. So, stop worrying!

    I have been wanting to read one of her books for some time. I can't believe I haven't especially considering there are dogs on the covers. :) This one looks like a sweet read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a dog, he has a good, doglovers! :) You would enjoy it.

      And yay for them making you smile

      Delete
  14. It sounds like a charming book, and if it nearly made you cry and you liked everything about it...well that's enough for me to keep it in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was this one part..I shall say no more. But yes it was good :)

      Delete
  15. I'm not a big romanc fan so not sure this is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is one of the few contemporary romance books that i've really liked. it was so sweet! i need to read some more from this author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Kristan Higgins, but haven't read this one, yet. I may add it to my never-ending-TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I didn't know this book, but it sounds like a pleasant read. I think I'll add it on my wishlist. It's been a while since I read a good contempory romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to read now and then :) A bit of sweetness that feels nearer

      Delete
  19. Karen who guest reviews on my blog recommends Kristan Higgins for a fun, sweet read and yep that's nice every now and again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun and sweet are sure the words for her books :)

      Delete
  20. I love you quirkiness!! I still have to read her books and I have no excuse not too because I have 2 of her books on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love being quirky
      Yay, i hope you like them

      Delete
  21. This one sounds cute. *Adds to my TBR list.*:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seems like a fun romance read and perfect for me this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This books seems like the perfect for me right in this moment in time. I'm definitely wanting to read it. It sounds simple but good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well I do hope you will enjoy this sweet story!

      Delete
  24. Sounds like a good romance! I've been in the mood for just this kind of book so I'm adding it to my TBR list right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP