Wednesday 14 October 2015

Contemporary Wednesday:The Sweetest Thing /Forever After

Tully Morgan hasn’t been back to Marietta for more than a few brief visits since the night of the 1996 senior prom eighteen years ago, when the chance exposure of a long-held family secret sent her running to her uncle in California in shock. She stood up her date Ren Fletcher that night, and she hasn’t seen him since. 

Now she’s here for an extended stay, to help take care of her seriously ill mother. It’s an edgy reconciliation, the first time that Tully, Patty and Sugar Morgan have been together since that long ago prom night. Tully has had so much anger toward Sugar… can she ever forgive her? 

And Sugar still has one more secret that needs to be dealt with, one that needs Ren Fletcher’s help. Has he forgiven Tully for leaving him in the lurch on prom night? And is there any chance that he and Tully can rekindle what they might once have had, when he’s still tied to someone else? 

My thoughts:
Tully comes back to her hometown to take care of her mother and sick sister. She is kind, normal, and does seem lonely and only focused a job she does not love.

One part of the book is her reconciling with her sister, and caring for her sister and mother. And the big secret, and it was actually pretty big and it gives an explanation why she did not come back a lot.

The other part is the romance and that had me worried. See Ren is married when the book starts, sure his wife is a bit bitchy and they both seem tired of each other. Sure they do separate, but still...it had me worried. Him being so newly divorced, and only separated at first. It's the whole second woman thing, the whole rebound thing. But as it came together it just made me wish they had been together since that prom they should have had. So sad. She made it work.

But I enjoyed their story, and the town. The whole something sad happened at the prom, eh, not so much, especially not since that is the theme in the rest of the books too. Yes I get it, someone died. You people need a shrink if you dwell this long. 

Conclusion:
Back to base. I'd read more.

Cover
cute

Kindle Edition, 318 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Tule Publishing
Montana Riverbend #2
Contemporary romance
Own

Wedding bells are in the air, but single mom Gwynneth Jacobs and Hollywood mega star Gareth Connor are finding that the road to matrimony is anything but smooth. Each thinks they’re doing what’s best for the other, but with everything from the paparazzi to an overzealous wedding planner getting in their way, they may have lost touch with what exactly that is. With Gwyn developing decidedly cold feet over the whole event, can they reconnect with what’s truly important in time for their upcoming nuptials? Or will they have to face the possibility their lives may just be too different after all? 

My thoughts:
I read book 1 where Gareth and Gwynneth met and fell in love. This novella is the story about their wedding, and the pressure on her as he is famous.

The novella does stand on its own, but I do say read book 1 first. There you get their lovestory, and that is what we love after all.

But what this story does have is a cliffie. But do not worry, it is not about the wedding! It's about someone else. So now I am curious about book 2.

Kindle Edition, 77 pages
Published February 12th 2015 by Michem Publishing
Ever After #1.5
Contemporary romance
Own


32 comments:

  1. Sometimes I hate that a big event from so long ago drags everything else down for years. I get it but often the BIG thing doesn't seem so big to me.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the BIG thing is so small and I am all srsl? Here at least it was a good one.

      But the big event was so omg yes sad, move on

      Delete
  2. The Sweetest Thing sounds cute. I like small town romance contemporaries.
    Forever After is evil with a cliffhanger for book #2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The town and their story sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone dying at prom sounds like a real downer, glad it didn't over shadow the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, just..still dwelling about it 20 years later, oh well

      Delete
  5. You've sold me on the Linda Poitevin book and I've marked the first one as one I want to read. And love sound of novella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You people need a shrink if you dwell this long. " ROFL! I know books (and people) like that. :D I hate cliffies but since the second book was written by Poitevin I think I can deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much loooooove! So much sweetness, its hurting my teeth. hehe. I'm on a bender for not romances at the moment. xD Maybe its because Halloween is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yay romance :D
      I did read about the Old Ones yesterday so I am good with some romance now

      Delete
  8. Oof, I don't buy rebound romance as real romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that whey had that love from before, so really hos marriage was a rebound in itself

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I know, it has been 20 years. It was sad, but do not shape your lives around it, some did not even like her

      Delete
  10. I would have been anxious about the romance of the first one too but I'm glad it was well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, but things moved slowly so that was good

      Delete
  11. At least the thing that is between them is legit, but yeah, sometimes the stuff gets held onto sooo long.

    I'll have to try a Linda Poitevin Contemp. I've only read her UF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those. But yes try her romance ones too :)

      Delete
  12. I didn't know about Forever After (I read book 1). Going to check Amazon now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad the cliffy wasn't about the wedding. I am glad you clarified things about the first book..both look good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't mind curling up with The Sweetest Thing and a cup of hot chocolate :) 'Tis the season for these things!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP