Tuesday 27 October 2015

What happens under the mistletoe anthology

Stunned by the heat of an unexpected kiss on a cold winter’s eve, two strangers from vastly different worlds turn hotheaded principles into burning passion in Sabrina Jeffries’s delightful yuletide story, The Heiress and the Hothead. In the snowy Scottish countryside, Karen Hawkins’s rakish duke has an unforgettable holiday encounter in Twelve Kisses when the alluring lady he surprises under the mistletoe is not who he expected, but a long-lost love with a score to settle. In By Any Other Name, Edinburgh is aglitter for Christmastime as Candace Camp sends a curious gentleman in hot pursuit of an intriguing lady in disguise—one who refuses to reveal her true identity, though she fears he has already stolen her heart with his kiss. In Sweet Ruin, will the festive spirit of the season sweep Meredith Duran’s feisty heroine beneath the mistletoe—and back into the arms of the dashing rogue whose carelessness soiled her reputation and sent her into exile in London?

My thoughts:
The heiress and the hothead by Sabrina Jeffries
Lord Stephen writes angry news articles about mills. Amanda owns mills. The whole mill thing was not exactly romantic (only North and South can do that.) But they will dance around each other and fall in love.
But that smexy scene, seriously. No, not then and there. Ugh.

Twelve kisses to midnight by Karen Hawkins
I have a problem. I forget short stories SO FAST. Luckily I had written lovers trapped by snow cos I can hardly remembering that the story ended. Just general feelings now by those words.
So yes former lovers meet, are trapped, and realises they still like each other. I'd read more of her books.

By any other name by Candance Camp
A woman in disguise is trying to help her brother. And a man finds her fascinating and tries to find out more about her. And that is the story, he searches, he finds, he searches, he finds

Sweetest regret by Meredith Duran
I liked this one. A couple that used to be in love meet again. They are angry. Something went wrong. Everything happens during a house party. Def the best of the novellas in this anthology. A nice holiday feeling too. 

Conclusion;
An anthology where I actually liked all the stories ;) Yes that does not happen a lot. But to be fair there were only 4, and I do like holiday novellas so that helped. They were cute and nice stories.

Cover
Nice, but heads would be better

Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Expected publication: October 27th 2015 by Pocket Books
Sinful Suitors #1.5
Historical romance
NetGalley

32 comments:

  1. Twelve Kisses and Sweetest Regret sound really good and it's time to start all those Christmas novellas!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked it, i am not big on anthology but it looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha... heads would be better. You crack me up. Glad you enjoyed all the stories in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WINTER!!!!!!!!!! NO CHRISTMAS!!!! I AM NOT READY! *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas novellas, but really not this early. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing is that I have to review them now, now is when they are out. I'd rather read them in Dec

      Delete
  7. Oh this sounds like a lovely holiday read. :) And Yeah for liking them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this book in an email I think. And loved the cover - so Christmas. Good all the stories were okay, as anthology can be hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they can be, I always like some, and some are just ok

      Delete
  9. Nice find! I didn't know about this anthology. I got a different one. Hope all mine are as good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so rare when we enjoy all the stories in an anthology so this one is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good anthology! But a agree: mills? So not romantic, lol :) On the other hand, the last one, which you loved best, sounds very nice. Love stories where old lovers find each other again and in a slap-forehead kind of moment realize that they never got over each other. I can't really see it happening in real life, but fiction? Yep, totally readable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor mills, but they are just not sxy.

      Aye that last one was sweet, and I liked they they were angry ;)

      Delete
  12. Sounds good - I don't usually like all the stories in an anthology but it sounds worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always an odd one out so I am glad I liked them all

      Delete
  13. Nice touch with the Christmas colors on the cover, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Christmas anthologies. But it sounds like I could skip the first story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good mix of historical romance authors. I have a weak spot for holiday romances too. :) And I agree, with heads would have been better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so fun to read, even if more fun in Dec

      Delete
  16. Sounds cute. I like cute, holiday romances. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP