Friday 5 January 2018

Audio: Busted - Gina Ciocca

Marisa never planned to be a snoop for hire. It wasn't like she wanted to catch her best friend's boyfriend making out with another girl. But as her reputation for sniffing out cheaters spreads all over school, Marisa finds herself the reluctant queen of busting two-timing boys. And her next case? It's for ex-frenemy Kendall. She's convinced that her boyfriend, TJ, has feelings for someone else and persuades Marissa to start spying on him. But the more Marisa gets to know sincere and artistic TJ, the more she starts to fall for him. Worse yet, the feelings seem to be mutual. Marisa knows she needs to give up her investigation-and the spoken-for guy who may just be the love of her life. Then she uncovers new secrets about Kendall and TJ, secrets that take "cheater" to a whole new level . . . 

Audio CD, 8h
Published January 2nd 2018 by Tantor Audio (first published January 1st 2018)
Fiction YA
For review

My thoughts:
The blurb was a bit misleading, I thought she was the queen of spies, but it was not like that. She catches a cheater and her next case is when her old frenemy Kendall shows up and wants to know if her boyfriend TJ is cheating. So not spyqueen.

Marissa loves journalism. She likes hanging out with her friends, yup, you know a normal teenager, she says so herself. Why on earth she even thinks of befriending Kendall again I do not know, sorry Kendall but you are a bitch. Marissa is being way too kind.

Which brings us to the story. Spying on TJ. Who is cute, who likes the same things she does and who has a girlfriend (even a bitchy one like Kendall). Of course she starts to fall for him and well trust me, it will all work out in a very good way. No spoiler saying that.

There are also some sidestories while she investigates, her BFF Charlotte getting over her Ex, a scandal at Charlotte's school. Marissa getting over her own ex. All of the stories tying together neatly.

I liked Marissa. I was not sure about TJ, I mean yes I liked him, but ugh Kendall. I am glad it all worked out in the end even if I thought it ended too well for some, cough cough.

Conclusion:
A nice mystery and romance.

Narrator
Amy Melissa Bentley
She was good. I liked her voices and nuances. She works well for a YA book.




33 comments:

  1. A good narrator can sometimes make the book, thanks for the review Blodeuedd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good, I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fun! But I take it you weren't a fan of Kendall? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not my kind of story but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh... I don’t think this one is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that's too bad the spyqueen angle sounds fun! Kendall sounds fun too (kidding lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did make me think she had solved so many cases

      Delete
  7. Kind of reminds me of the tv show Veronica Mars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh, yeah sounds like it could have been a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, YA is always better on audio :)

      Delete
  9. Oh boy, what a dilemma! Sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure about this one but it does sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Print...eh, audio, yes, I am not the biggest YA fan but I have found it to be fun on audio

      Delete
  11. A modern Nancy Drew. LOL I could see this being cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I think I've heard of this one. I seem to recall stumbling across it on someone's blog, and they weren't too pleased with the "cheater" angle :P

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried at first, but she only saw it from one side while TJ never even mentioned something. So for that reason I read on and...shaky ground but it worked

      Delete
  13. Hmmmm... not my kind of book, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad to see this worked out for you in the end...except for Kendall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm... The initial blurb sounded good, but the extended blurb tells me NO... YA, not my thing. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason YA audio works for me...who knew

      Delete
  16. Blurbs..such a let down. But sounds pretty good still.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP