Thursday 24 June 2021

Audio: Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

Narrated by: Mary Jane Wells


Series: The Wallflowers, Book 3


Length: 9 hrs and 35 mins


Release date: 06-15-21


Publisher: HarperAudio


Historical romance





I was not sure that I would want to read about St:Vincent, but I read good things, and I gave him the chance for redemption. Because in the previous book he is a monster, and I was all no, nope, not a chance. But knowing me, I still gave it a go. An I am glad for it! It was really good




And hey, I even liked it better than the previous one! Here we see that he is not the rake, and monster he was portrayed to me. It was more bark than bite, that still does not make it ok though. But I can forgive him, he does save Eve.




Evangeline is more or less being held prisoner by her maternal family, abused, and now she is told to marry her cousin. So she asks the only person she knows could help, a broke aristocrat in need of an heiress.




Plus a gambling club, and a some danger and there is the story.




I like them together. He got her out of her shell, and she got him to think he could behave in another way. I really felt that these two fell for each other. They slowly warmed up to each other, and saved each other.




A good book, romance, danger and much more




I enjoy this narrator, she is really good. She has the romantic tone down, and has a good range of voices






Desperate to escape her scheming relatives, Evangeline Jenner has sought the help of the most infamous scoundrel in London. A marriage of convenience is the only solution. No one would have ever paired the shy, stammering wallflower with the sinfully handsome viscount. It quickly becomes clear, however, that Evie is a woman of hidden strength—and Sebastian desires her more than any woman he's ever known.




Determined to win her husband's elusive heart, Evie dares to strike a bargain with the devil: If Sebastian can stay celibate for three months, she will allow him into her bed. When Evie is threatened by a vengeful enemy from the past, Sebastian vows to do whatever it takes to protect his wife...even at the expense of his own life.Together, they will defy their perilous fate, for the sake of all-consuming love.


17 comments:

  1. I really need to pick up this series. I enjoyed this author's contemporary romance novels. St. Vincent sounds like an interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her contemporary ones, only one

      Delete
  2. Sure sounds like a good storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books since the rapey one. I'm afraid but I've heard this series is safe and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and I always forgot which on it is. But I am warned

      Delete
  4. Oh good I picked this one up through NetGalley, but just the Kindle one not the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good narrator can make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent - love when the bad guy isn't really bad. But she better get a shawl for winter! Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book when I read it years ago. It might be time for a re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you can ask for! A great romance, good characters, fun mystery. Love it

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP