Tuesday 15 June 2021

TMST


 

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.




What type of reviews do you find helpful in choosing (or avoiding) your next read?




ALL OF THEM. 

Ok, not really, some I do not like, like glowing ones that are just two lines and look so fake. Or reviews that are all love this, and then you realise that the person has not even read the book yet!



Or, these are the worst. The ones that are all positive, but you still get the feeling that the person did not like the book, but goes by the line always say something nice. NO! Do not do that, tell it like it is!



I want reviews that are real. If they are real they can be two lines. If they are real they can be looong. Just make them real, negative, positive or meh.





6/22/2021 What’s your favourite form of media (apart from literature, that is)?


6/29/2021 Mid-Year Update: What have you been up to?


7/6/2021 How do you approach writing reviews?


7/13/2021 What are your favourite posts to read?


7/20/2021 What authors have you recently discovered and loved?


7/27/2021 Where is your favorite place to read during the summer?



23 comments:

  1. Good point LOL. I prefer longer ones, but sometimes you can say a lot in two (real) lines 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reviews because you don't lollygag. You go straight to the point, and it's very you. :) And sometimes, your thoughts are hilarious. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there's a reviewer that never says anything negative about any book, I tend to dismiss their opinion, because I'm not sure I can trust what they're saying. No way anyone can love everything they read. I also don't like really long reviews. I like ones that get to the point, lol! You strike a good balance with what you write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. No one can adore every book, not all books are great! I get that some only post positive, but some negative too

      Thanks! Not like my crazy long one on Wed, lol

      Delete
  4. There are so many people afraid to write a negative review for fear of getting attacked. But I agree, I want the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find most reviews to be helpful, pretty much anything with good description instead of a wall of gifs. It's like, I want to know what your personal thoughts, not a bunch of video reactions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not see as many of those before, they used to be everywhere

      Delete
  6. Yeah I agree with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like being told the truth as I do but and here's a big but reviewers who say nasty things about a book I can't stand. You can give a negative review without being mean. When I'm reviewing a book I didn't like I always have to tell myself that this review is just my opinion and just because I didn't like the book doesn't mean it's bad. So I tell the good things about the book then go into detail why it didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can give a good one without being mean, negative for someone can also be positive for someone

      Delete
  8. Yes - people who "review" a book that they haven't read either to bolster or smear the author/book is so annoying! I don't like "ratings only" reviews either - I need to know why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate the ones that seem generic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate the ones that you can tell the person didn't like the book, but doesn't want to hurt feelings or say why they didn't like it.

    Melanie @ Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the worst and gives me nothing

      Delete
  11. Oh I didn't even think about the "fake" reviews but you are so right - ranging from never read the book to don't want to say anything "negative" (I "" that because imo negative is subjective) - those are the worst. You can't get anything worthwhile from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty useless. I need opinions, not shallow words without meaning

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP