Wednesday 9 June 2021

Priest of Gallows by Peter McLean

 

Paperback, 362 pages


Published May 27th 2021 by Jo Fletcher Books


Series: War for the Rose Throne #3


Fantasy


To review





Damn, that ending all, stuff happened, stuff really happened. I need more.




Thomas, aye I liked him from the start in book 1. He is direct, fair, and brutal. And caught in something he can't get out of. He keeps getting deeper and deeper with The Queen's men. The organization that keeps everyone in check. One way or another. Usually with a sword on someone's throat.




Oh the queen's men are worse than gangsters. At least with gangsters you know they will stab you in the back, but with these people, no idea, they are the spider in the web. Controlling everything. I am not even sure what to think of the wife he had to marry anymore. I should like her? No? I can't trust anyone anymore.




Political fantasy, but at the same time not, Thomas is mostly on the streets doing the grunt work. You know, putting those swords at people's necks. And this whole world is falling apart. I truly have no idea what the next book will bring. 




Great fantasy series. Makes you crave more. I am at a loss for words. You just have to read it, and obvi the two before to experience it fo yourself.




Tomas Piety has everything he ever wanted. In public he's a wealthy, highly respected businessman, happily married to a beautiful woman and Governor of his home city of Ellinburg. In private, he's no longer a gang lord but one of the Queen's Men, invisible and officially non-existent, working in secret to protect his country.




But when the queen's sudden death sees him summoned him back to the capital, he discovers his boss, Dieter Vogel, Provost Marshal of the Queen's Men, is busy tightening his stranglehold on the country.




Just as he once fought for his Pious Men, he must now bend all his wit and hard-won wisdom to protect his queen - but now he can't always tell if he's on the right side.




Tomas has started to ask himself, what is the price of power? And more importantly, is it one he is willing to pay?


14 comments:

  1. This was such a great book! I couldn't trust anyone in this story. I am ready for the next book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly have lost all trust in most, love it

      Delete
  2. OOh political fantasy I like it. thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one but it sounds so good. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are enjoying this series! I decided not to continue after the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds like a fascinating world... but was it a cliffy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, I mean yes more is coming, but for now...everyone is safe

      Delete
  6. oOOOOOOOOoOOoOoo it has been a while that I read something like this. I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP