Friday 6 July 2012

Review: The Fires of Heaven - Robert Jordan


...Into the forbidden city of Rhuidean, where Rand al’Thor, now the Dragon Reborn, must conceal his present endeavor from all about him, even Egwene and Moiraine.

...Into the Amyrlin’s study in the White Tower, where the Amyrlin, Elaida do Avriny a’Roihan, is weaving new plans.

...Into the luxurious hidden chamber where the Forsaken Rahvin is meeting with three of his fellows to ensure their ultimate victory over the Dragon.

...Into the Queen’s court in Caemlyn, where Morgase is curiously in thrall to the handsome Lord Gaebril.

For once the dragon walks the land, the fires of heaven fall where they will, until all men’s lives are ablaze.

And in Shayol Ghul, the Dark One stirs...

My thoughts:
Ok time to say something clever again, 5th book, all almost 1000 pages it seems. It just gets harder to harder to review this series, not to mention since I have already read it before too.

Starting to like good old Rand again but Mat is still such a favorite. I like the memories in his head and how he becomes something more. And still such a rascal.

Hey, where was Perrin!?

Nyn and Elayne was all over the world doing their stuff. And obsessing over Rand much?

Min, Siuan and Leane, I did like these three together and especially when they get into trouble.

Egwene still bores me.

Ok, is there any POV I am missing? Aviendha, I just wish she could stop talking about protecting Rand for Elayne. Come on woman! You are from a culture where women share a man anyway.

So lots of POVS, duh. Exciting things happening, like the Aiel leaving the Waste. War coming. Rand learning about Saidar. And much much more.

Conclusion:
I can stop reading at a page and jump back 2 weeks later. That is how well I know this series by now.True love.

Cover:
Lol, Rand's coat. He looks so weird.

Series: Wheel of Time #5
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 989
Published: 1993 by TOR
Source: Own



32 comments:

  1. kuddos for reading this! I wouldn't be able too...I'm not a fan of a lot of POVS. A few are good, but my brain can only handle so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a lot of POVs to keep track of! Sometimes I really enjoy that though, it all depends on how well it's done:) So nice that you found a series you love as much as you do this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really have to be done here as the peeps are split up and all over the world

      Delete
  3. You must truly love this series. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I stop working so I'd have time to re-read these, please? Because there's so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow true love, nice! I haven't read any books by this author, and yes we even have him in French. I need to try one day. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading him in Swedish back in the days, I wonder if they even publish him anymore ..

      Delete
  6. That cover looks really dated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here I haven't read it even once! I suck! Oh I am so going to read this whole series one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I downloaded a few of the books from this series when they were free onKindle but haven't gotten to them yet.
    My hubby read the first few but stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped?! The horror. Do make him finish and you should read them too :D

      Delete
  9. I'm in audiobook #3 and loving it. Thank you again for recommending me this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I am soooooo glad that you are enjoying this series!!!! :D

      Delete
  10. It's been forever since I've read this one, but I love this series. I've only read one actually written by Sanderson though. I need more time.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too and have read all and I am waiting for that last part..dang in Sanderson!

      Delete
  11. My God, Blodeuedd, you should have a medal for rereading this series! It's enormous! I read the whole lot about 8 years ago, but wouldn't attempt to do that again. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to cos I started so long ago so I want to remember it all before tackling the last one ;)

      Delete
  12. Lol you make me want to start re-reading as well. I love the Aiel parts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you Blod on re-reading these. It's great to love a series so much. These covers are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is great knowing that there is always something to come back to

      Delete
  14. I have no idea how you are managing to find the time to reread these books, especially with all of the other books you are reading. I was tempted to give it a try just so I could get to Sanderson's books but I decided this is something that will have to wait until I have a lot more free time. Maybe when I retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is that it takes a month for me to read them, I read a little here and there when I have the time.

      Delete
  15. I was obssessed with it when I first read this series about ten years ago or so... now, not so much anymore... I can now see the cracks in the books... still planning to re-read though after the last book gets published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am re-reading now, slowly, and will catch up..one day ;)

      Delete
  16. At some point I would like to start over again with this series...I think I stopped at 8 or 9

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP