Thursday 5 July 2012

Review: Night's Cold Kiss - Tracey O'Hara

Night's Cold Kiss
Since witnessing the murder of her mother, Antoinette Petrescu has burned with fiery hatred for the vampire race--even for Christian Laroque, the dangerously handsome Aeternus who rescued her and her brother Nic. Now an elite Venator Guild bounty hunter, Antoinette burns as well with lust for Christian, who will help her attain vengeance. 

My thoughts:
I was thinking of giving it a 2 but I just could not cos I was sooooo bored. At one time I almost fell asleep and at another time I had no idea who this one guy was. I could not focus, I did not care.

What went wrong? I do not know. The world building seemed ok (of course I wanted much more, way too little in the end), the writing was good. But I never grew to like the heroine, I never liked the hero. I never felt the attraction between them and never understood her. 

Also was this supposed to be UF? I am getting confused, because no, it was not. There was a plot, which I have forgotten because it all seemed to be the dance between these two. The sex, the yawn. When I want UF I want UF, so for you PNR fans this might interested you more. I do like PNR but then it should be pnr and this mix did not work for me at this time. And it it truly is PNR, then well, not for me. Nothing stuck.

I wish I had quit it and DNF it, but I was stuck in a car and nothing else to read. And I was too bored to open the trunk at the stop we made. I wanted to solider on.

Conclusion:
Still it was not bad, good writing and a good initial idea, it was just not for me.

Series: Dark Brethren #1, Genre: Paranormal romance with a tiny UF vibe..tiny, Pages: 339, Published: 2009 by Harper Collins, Source: Own

30 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry this was a let down. I hate it when you stumble across books like these. The idea is wonderful, buuuuut it just didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wanted another cool UF series to read and everyone else liked it and for me..flat

      Delete
  2. I was wondering about this series so I'm glad you read it for me lol, now I think I'll pass. I'm sorry it was boring... Will you try the second one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest..no. sure maybe it the library has it, or if I found it for free. But it would still be far down the TBR pile

      Delete
  3. Oh my. Sorry that you had such a dud. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, bad books happen. The premise does sound a bit worn around the edges - create two frenemies, add some sexual tension and voila, a PNR or UF or whatever. The cover is nice though - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to cover snark!
      I like it but the guy in the back is uber creepy. I guess it's the hero but it's just stalker/creep/axe murder warning about it

      Delete
  5. Too bad it didn't work for you. It sucks when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw... sorry it didn't work for you. I dont like it when books can't decide what genre it should be. If it's both, then BE both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was all over the place and I want a story not them oogling each other. If then I'll read romance

      Delete
  7. Lesson learned: always bring a back-up book when traveling by car. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had just finished one when starting this one and sure I could have taken one from the trunk when we stopped but I was so meh by then

      Delete
  8. That's a shame that you didn't like this one. What a great cover, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The synopsis and cover made it seem so much more exciting than what you experienced. "The sex, the yawn." - Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound so cool and then it fell flat for me

      Delete
  10. Hm... I added it to my wish-list, but I think I have changed my mind! Boring, no likeable hero and heroine,.. it just doesn't sound good. I'm sorry you had to struggle through it for lack of a back-up book, but glad you have helped me make up my mind on this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate giving up sometimes and I kept hoping that it would get better..,which was silly really cos it never did

      Delete
  11. Yup, I DNFed this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had but I felt so angry cos I bookmooched it and lost points so dang it I would finish

      Delete
  12. I don't believe I have seen this series before, not sure I will like it if you are so utterly bored by it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! I hate when that happens. I think this might have come down to a bad description and/or putting it in the wrong genre. Glad you finished it and can move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was, it could have done with a more pnr cover too cos this one screams UF

      Delete
  14. Not picking this book up....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being stuck without anything else to read is torture..sorry you had to endure that!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP