Wednesday 25 July 2012

Review: A Bloody Good Secret - Sierra Dean

A Bloody Good Secret
After cheating death twice in one night, confessing her true nature to her werewolf soul mates and being asked to kill one of her closest friends, Secret took a much-needed vacation. By running away.

Now she’s back in town—dragged kicking and screaming—determined to clear Holden Chancery’s name. Right after she finds out what he’s accused of. It shouldn’t be hard—Holden has a habit of using their new and scintillating psychic bond to break into her thoughts and dreams at some very, shall we say, awkward moments.

Just a few things stand in her way: a secretive Tribunal leader, a group of would-be vampire slayers and two werewolf boyfriends who refuse to let her operate in her customary lone-wolf style. Even less amusing are the terrifying creatures that someone is using in an attempt to gain control of the council. Even for this out-of-the-ordinary bounty hunter, it’s a challenge with potentially deadly teeth.

My thoughts:

First of all there will be spoilers from book 1 as I am gonna squee and ramble on.

I read book 1 today and thought, why did no one tell me the series is so good?! (ok maybe they did and I did not listen). After finishing it I had a serious case of withdrawal and you know I had to get more. So I had to get and start book 2 and I did not put it down. No dinner was made today, the dishes from yesterday's dinner is still in the sink, the bed was not made. You get the point. I was all about schhhhhh! I am reading today.

So what made it so good? A great heroine that goes her own way, and is both vampire and werewolf. And in the last book she found out she is soulbound, not only to the werewolf king but to his second in command too. Sure Lucas is good and rich, but I am lusting over Desmond more. Just cos he was more willing to stand there at the side watching them court. I heart Desmond. But, all is not good, honestly I need to read more! In the last book there was a mention that her vampire side will find someone too. And I am dying to know who it is, someone new? Holden? ..the freaky Finn Sig? 

You know a series is good if I read 2 in a day. And when I also want the books in print as I read ebooks.

Conclusion:
Recommended of course. And I need more..mooooore.

Cover:
ok

Series. Secret McQueen #2
Genre: urban Fantasy
Pages: (248 print)
Published: 2011 by Samhain

Source: Pressie from the best bookaholic cat in the world!!!!



31 comments:

  1. I have this dream of taking a year and reading only the series I own. It might take more than a year. So I think it's great you read two in a day! I'm glad you loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I did not have a job I did not have time to read. So I would need a maid, a cook and then I'd be set ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, it must be good to read two in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooooh I wanna read the first one! I had to skip your review, because I really am excited about the first one and for some reason I don't want anything to be spoiled! IDK, I'm usually up to a good spoil. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI....I like your new button. ^.^

      Delete
    2. It was not that big, it was more, a maybe. Since if you read the blurb then you know already ;)

      Thanks :D Needed a new one after this should not use any images drama

      Delete
  4. I just can't get over a character who's name is Secret. That;'s why I haven't looked at this series before...sounds like I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is, well you learn the reason for it and it's quite funny :)

      Delete
  5. Hm.. I don't ever remember anyone recommending this series either. I think I must read... and get that 3rd book too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ IT!!!!! :D You have to listen to this voice

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I do not want it to be, that means my vacation is ending

      Delete
  7. My goodness, dirty dishes in the sink and no other household chores done? It's gotta be some book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my poor home, but it was worth it ;)

      Delete
  8. Lol, I hate and despise Lucas, think Desmond is too weak, and I root for Sig. Holden would be my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not too weak! I liked that he was a beta :)

      Delete
  9. Glad to see you loved Book #2, that one is my least favourite of the series so you know you're in for a treat with the novellas and book #3! (have you read the prequel novella? GREAT!) I'm not a big fan of Desmond, I prefer Holden! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, cos, I do have the I can't buy them problem :/ Arghh, sucky me. But I will get there one day

      Delete
  10. AAAAH I need to start this series but as I saw you know I'm sure I'll read all the books at once lol. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did exactly the same, Blodeuedd! :))) Read the first book, then bought the second one and read it the same day as well. It was definitely worth it! :))) Read no.3 now. I need to read 4th. loved your review and dirty dishes in the sink, - very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well then you certainly know what I am talking about :D

      I so need book 3..but must contain myself

      Delete
  12. I told you this books were great! I remember when I read them I did also a Secret McQueen marathon, I read first 3 books and the 1 novella in a weekend. They are that good!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I should have listened at once!!!!!! So good, so freaking good, awwwwww

      Delete
  13. When you need more that is always a good sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey, sounds like another wonderful discovery for me... another series to enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP