Thursday 16 October 2014

Crown of Midnight / Heir of Fire - Sarah J Maas

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

My thoughts:
And so it begins. 

*I doubt anyone was fooled by that opening scene. And if they were...sigh. She is the most useless assassin ever. Feelings!? Wtf? Assassins kill for money and she could not hurt a fly 

*Why is she blushing? Is she an innocent country miss who has never heard the word kill before? Seems so. Honestly. And u want me to believe this pathetic thing has killed hundreds? 

* Chaol still has nightmares of his first kill...how exactly did this guy become captain of the guard? Is everone else dead? 

*Ok the male courtesan. Is she trying to be YA and say he has only female patronesses when in reality there would be lots of male costumers too. Or is reality to crude? 
*A few Pages Later. Oh now he has male clients too. Was it only at the virgin auction he had none. How convenient.

* Gods you are useless! Caught again! And poisoned! 

* Yawn. For a book about a killer there is not a lot of action. Just dresses. Reading. Secrets doors. Staring 

*The king is sure a better killer than her. Him I believe. He is evil.

*Seems she can only kill in flashbacks. Why is she such a loser in reality?

*OMG I GET IT!!!! He is the captaIn of the guard. DO NOT MENTION EVERY OTHER PAGE

* Seriously? So they know she is spying. Worst assassin EVER

*Gods Chaol. How effing stupid are u? That does it. I dub thee TSTL
* And now she is tstl

*Sigh. I hope no one was surprised at the most obvious plot ever. Who she is. Saw it at once. But did not like the contradiction of it at one point. When she in her thoughts wondered where x is when she is x. Badly written

And that ends this book, and I have nothing to say. See notes.
Ps. Not as amused now anymore.

Kindle Edition, 433 pages
Published August 27th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Throne of Glass #2
YA / Fantasy
Own

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

My thoughts:
Ok what did I learn during the first 100 pages..

Well this Fae guy told C she sucks and I was all... in your face! Cos everything he said was true.

P200
Honestly nothing has happened!!!
I do like Manon though, she is evil and though not like stupid C.

300
I am boooooooooored. Nothing happens. Even the witches are boring cos there is no point to them. Everyone is boring...well except C's cousin, I like him

*370. Boooooooooored. Skimming

*430 great. Now they are playing quidditch. How the hell will a war start and end in 30 p

*The End: Damn it !!!!! I thought this was the last effing book!! Stupid me! I should have checked. Ok I am DONE with this shit!!!!!!!!

No, I do NOT recommend this series. I hate everyone, they are all such losers. Nothing happened in this book. And omg just pick a MAN already. How YA can you get.( Fail

Kindle Edition, 565 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Children's
Throne of Glass #3
YA Fantasy
own

45 comments:

  1. hmm, it would appear you did not enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't help but wonder why you continued with the series if you disliked everything about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cos I was amused by book 1 (not in a good way), then I read book 2 and thought hey I can read the last one...I just did not realise that it was NOT the last one. M;y bad

      Delete
  3. LOL, well, tell us how you really feel! ::snort::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! You ought to do mean girl reviews more often they are highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! :) The covers aren't too bad, tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I did not want to comment on them and ruin my mean girl thing ;)

      Delete
  6. So true! In the novellas Celaena gave off the ruthless cold hearted killer and it changed drastically here. Maybe her time at the salt mines changed her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair I found her pretty bad in the novellas too ;) And it felt like she never felt the effect of the salt mines. Just ohh dresses and candy, forgotten about rest

      Delete
  7. These books don't sound like my type of books anyway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crown of Midnight really pissed me off for being so romance trope heavy, but I actually didn't mind Heir of Fire...probably my favorite of the series so far.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done without the romance. I might even have liked it then. it was just in every book she found a new guy 0_0 Sam, prince, Chaol, elf...whatever

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry they weren't for you, I still need to read them. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hihi, good. I just could not see what everyone loved about her. It was not believable for me. I have read about bad ass assassins, she was not one of them

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Now they are playing quidditch." :D I love your mean girl review, it's too fun! I definitely have had better luck with this series than you, but I see your points. I loved Manon in this book, she might be my fave character in the series. Glad you liked her (at least for a few pages :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I am very happy about snarky me, I loved snarky me. Sadly snarky me does not come out and play that much.

      Manon was cool, the book should be about her

      Delete
    2. Oh i would SO read a book all about Manon. Wish she'd write a spinoff :D

      Delete
  12. Not surprised that it didn't improve from the 1st book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy mega rant! LOL Everyone seems to be kissing this series' ass, so I was happy to see that didn't go that route. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went craycray.

      Well thank you *curtsy* and I agree. There has to be different opinions and mine are ranty

      Delete
  14. Ha! I have never read a bad review for this series. Even front he positive reviews I knew it wasn't for me though so I've skipped it.

    My favorite - "*Seems she can only kill in flashbacks. Why is she such a loser in reality?"

    I hate when authors do that. They tell us when a character is something but they don't show it.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it first came around I thought, she can never be the best and so young. Well early me was sure right.

      But everyone else was so LOVE

      I needed more show. I know it's YA. But do not tell me she has killed thousands. Show me her dark side

      Delete
  15. LOL! Even though i'm a huge fan of this series I did find your review funny and respect your opinion! I think this is the first negative reviews I've read for this series and while I wasn't entirely a fan of the third book the second one is my favourite (haha--make fun of me all you want *wink*) but still! We're all entitled to our own opinions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than k you!! I am a bit afraid some rabit fans will hunt me down cos I was not nice *coughs* Ok I was crazy hehe.

      I am so glad you can see my side :) Cos yes we are all different. There are people who hate the books I love, and it's their right.

      Delete
  16. Aw girl, sorry you've been frustrated and not liking this series

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dammmmn, you didn't have a good time. I loved the second book but have my doubts about the third, so I'm avoiding. But awesome rant. Gee, I wonder how I woulda like if I'd read it with your commentary in the background XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy book 1...in a bad way ;)
      But book 3, not good, nothing happens and she finds another guy.

      Haha

      Delete
  18. I actually liked book 1 *hides* I just got book 2 from library and now I'm curious how that turns out...

    ReplyDelete
  19. :/
    I suck at life....I commented on this and again my comment as poofed. WHY DOES BLOGGER HATE ME!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my. And so many have raved about this one. But I kind of got a feel that it was a YA series. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahaha, you are definitely NOT into this series, Linda! :))) Give up already :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP