Saturday 4 October 2014

DNF time and Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-in Oct 3 2014


This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Saturday 5 km bike and 30 min walk
Sunday 1 hour walk
Monday 10 km bike and 45 min zumba
Tuesday 5 km bike, 1 hour yoga, 30 min walk
Wednesday 5 km bike, and 1 hour zumba
Thursday 5 km bike and 30 min walk
Friday 5 km bike and 30 min walk

---------------------------------

DNF Time

Highland Velvet
Feisty Highland Lady must marry an Englishman, they will argue and have smexy times.

I remember getting this one and being all, it will rock! Damn it girl, why did you not read it then! When I was a teen, when I did not realize that the language is stilted, no flow and I just can't bother with crap like this.

Note to self, my old books obviously does not work for me anymore. If I was to read in my own language, better try something like translated yesterday.

The Velvet Promise
Feisty English Lady must marry, they will argue and have smexy times.

Maybe it could be good, maybe not. After having tried the other book I tried this one too. Horrid writing again. Yes, this is why I left translations to their bitter faith. I wish I had read this one 10 years ago. But now, omg, bad bad translation.

Velvet Angel
Feisty Woman gets kidnapped and given to enemy. They argue and have smexy times.

Omg seriously, seriously!!! Ok I am sure the book can be good, but I had this translation. I have been sitting on it for over 10 years. Always thinking I would read it, but then I stopped reading in my own language. The reason why, OMG translations suck! This was horrid. My eyes were bleeding and I had to give up.


Spoiled Engaged Girl flirts with sexy guy and later become his housekeeper.

Arghhhh I can't!! The heroine is a stupid spoiled girl. The hero is an idiot. The plot that will happen is wtf!? I mean COME ON!!!!

So I am not gonna read any more. Enough is enough. Not the historical romance for me.


Woman goes back in time and sees through the eyes of relative. Meets sexy guy back home.

I give up so easy now, it's awesome.

I just never got into it, and then when I started skimming I decided to stop reading. Just not the variation for me this time around.


Lizzy and Jane gets married.

Eh, made it to 40 and gave up, realised I had NO idea what had happened in those 40 pages.

I can't love them all.


I do not care what the book is about.

I hated book 1, but I already had book 2 (damn it!) and it has been on my shelf for years now, knowing I would never read it. So I gave it a try, a really short try, and no I just do NOT like this series.


Mermaid meets angel and has smexy times.

This is one I have tried to read a few times, and always given up, so gonna be strong now and DNF this time. Yes this has been a day of just reading books I know I wont like. Tomorrow I will get back to my normal books ;)

Anyway, checked the weirdest smex scene in the universe again, I just can't take this seriously.
 
Two DNFs from a publisher I wont mention.


Percy has a mythical past and  future.

I read book 1 4 years ago, I did not really like it. So today I picked up this book, as I had it, sigh. And tried to read it, bleh, I gave up, I was confused and bored.


Novella. Two peeps hunting down rogues.

This was dreadfully boring, and it was only 100 pages! Did I read those 100 pages? Omg, I just could not, it was boring. I did not care for the heroine, the hero and whatever shit they did.


Steampunk lad wants to find his clockwork girlfriend.

Omg this was terrible.

First impression
*Boring

Second impression
*Confusion

Third impression
* Oh Sweet Tor and Loki! Let me DNF this crap now.

Nothing worked. Not the world, not the characters (the one million of them) and not the plot..eh what plot?


Stuff happening in Ireland.

Yawn, why even bother. I gave up before I got to any good part. But like I said, why even bother.

Boring.


Assassin does stuff.

I could not do it, yes I am fast with DNF sometimes. But I understood nothing, I cared for nothing. I just did not want to read more.

Boring.


37 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL your one-line synopses make me crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so many books there even if I know about some I only read Aces Wild but I confess that I liked it. I'm sorry they weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to like it, but I just did not fall for it :/

      Delete
  3. Now I'm curious about A Mermaid's Kiss.

    And Dutch translations can be very bad as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give you the image...her in her tiny form as a tiny tinkerbell fairy, he in normal form, them having sex....

      And as for translations, sigh! That is why I started reading fantasy in English, which led to me reading everything in English. Fantasy translations were BAD. They are all written n this simple language like the books are aimed for 10 year old boys. And some fantasy books sure are not

      Delete
    2. Ok... Curiosity gone!

      Here they translate too literal, I read some fantasy that felt so forced because of that. I couldn't get into the story because I was constantly aware of it being a translation. I could do a better job.

      Delete
    3. Bad bad bad. I mean some thing just can't be translated, figure things about peeps

      Delete
  4. Ha, thanks for saving us lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That's a lot of DNF's. I can see why you're frustrated!

    I skim read that mermaid one - OMG that was weird. lol I couldn't get into the LRH book either. I just passed the series on to someone else.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad bad month :/

      I know! And trust me, there were even stranger parts 0_0

      Delete
  6. >_______< I am so sorry hombre!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, sorry you had to DNF so many books!

    Great job with all of the exercising, though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      Aye, dnf sadness, but then I have a lot of crap

      Delete
  8. Whoa, so many DNF books. There are a couple of them on my TBR list, the Stina Leicht one and God's War.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn, I have God's of War, and you did so good with exercise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      Oh you got it...well, maybe it will work

      Delete
  10. OMG, your DNFs are the best! Your blurbs are the best! So short and to the point. Laughed my arse off :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the DNFs, but I got a chuckle out of your thoughts. I read the Jude Deveraux books when they first came out and like them. Wonder how I would react today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them too back then, but then I was stupid and did not read the rest and look at it now

      Delete
  12. Wasn't historical romance your favorite genre? O.o You DNFed many of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gods no, that is fantasy ;) And to be fair, I DNF 1 romance, and 3 translations so those do not count ;)

      Delete
  13. Great job on the exercise. Sorry about all the DNF, the only one I've heard of was Aces Wild. I liked it, but not every book is for everyone. That's why there are so many out there for us to choose. I hope you have better luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      t happens when you got lots of freebies

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing these! I wish more bloggers would let us know what books they DNF-that can be way more entertaining than positive book reviews lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      And I agree, I did not always post these but then I started to think why not? They are important too..and fun ;)

      Delete
  15. Way to go on the exercise ... I keep meaning to put a zumba dvd on lol. Bahaha on the DNF's ... bleeding eyes ... thanks for the laugh and saving me some agony ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a wii so I can zumba at home and more ;)

      Delete
  16. You are a DNF machine! I need to learn from you... someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just, LOL. I bet it felt good getting those out of the way. Love the quickie summaries!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved The Darcys & the Bingleys and especially Searching for Captain Wentworth. Sorry they weren't winners for you.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP