Monday 13 October 2014

Some Veil Did Fall - Kirsty Ferry

When Becky steps into Jonathon Nelson’s atmospheric photography studio in Whitby, she is simply a freelance journalist in search of a story. But as soon as she puts on the beautiful Victorian dress and poses for a photograph, she becomes somebody quite different…

From that moment on, Becky is overcome with visions and flashbacks from a life that isn’t her own – some disturbing and filled with fear.

As she and Jon begin to unravel the tragic mystery behind her strange experiences, the natural affinity that they have for each other continues to grow and leads them to question … have they met somewhere before? Perhaps not in this life but in another?

My thoughts:
Becky is a journalist and comes to town for Goth week. There she meets Jon and our mystery can begin. Or whatever I should call it.

Because there is a mystery. Becky gets these flashes about a woman who lived 100 years before. Even Jon has flashes. Someone is trying to talk to them. But who were those people, what do they want, and what happened to them? They try to solve the mystery, all while getting closer to each other. So there is the romance, but it's not a romance book. There is more romance between the mystery couple (even if the two other will finally see the truth too)

And yes, that was another part of the book. When we had learned more we got 2 other POVS. Those in the 19th century had their story to tell. Suspense and romance. I enjoyed their tale.

Conclusion:
Two tales then. Two couples, two stories. Mystery, suspense and romance.

Cover
I like it

Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Choc Lit
Historical romantic fiction /mystery / fiction
For review

30 comments:

  1. I like the cover, and you cannot go wrong with a mystery and romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is full of mystery and suspense. Sign me up please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I'm having a problem commenting. Anyway, this sounds like a book I'd like and I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I have had problems replying lately with chrome

      Delete
  4. Oh nice! Like having 2 books in one. I do like good mysteries and suspense. Might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds pretty good. I would have totally skipped it over the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an eye-catching cover....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that. Sure it could have been even better

      Delete
  8. It's nice, I like when it's mixed with the past like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd rather that the mystery take precedence over the romance, so this book has definitely caught my eye. Two tales for the price of one is a bonus too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good... it goes to my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books where two different time periods are being told; they may seem different but they always tie in. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cover is certainly eye catching with all the hot pink! Love it:) I really like the sound of the story itself too, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the premise with the Victorian dress & flashbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mystery and suspense, and this sounds cool! I like the cover too, so very very pink!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP