Thursday 29 January 2015

Historical x2 reviews: The Naked Gentleman and Undone

John Parker-Roth cannot believe that marriage is necessary for his happiness. He would far rather pursue his interest in horticulture, but if one day he should find a female who shared his passion for flowers—a level-headed, calm sort of female—he might reconsider. Certainly the lovely young woman who has just tumbled into his lap will not do, as she possesses neither of these admirable qualities. 

Yet Miss Margaret Peterson does have many things in her favor. To begin with, she is a true English rose, blushing a delectable pink. And she is not entirely clothed. Her full mouth begs to be kissed. If only she would not wriggle so . . . oh, dear. He cannot ignore the sudden vision of her in his bed, but he must.

What? Is Meg actually asking him to kiss her? Well, well, well. John Parker-Roth is a gentleman, first and foremost. And he cannot turn down a lady’s request . . . 

My thoughts:
I liked it, but at the end I went, would I read more? No, not really. Oh well I guess it was just ok then.

I had problems through out the book. First, Meg drags men into the bushes..ok, that is beyond stupid. And it seems everyone knows about it! Ok that is not even funny, she would be ostracized and ruined. Who cares who her friends are then. You just do not drag men into the bushes! I think she told us why but I forgot. To get married? To see how kisses the best? Stupid girl.

So she is a stupid girl who samples kisses and then when she could get married she is all no. *eye roll*

John was no catch either, he was pretty boring and when did they fall in love? I never felt it. Not even at the sudden ending.

And they never even got it on! SO, yes I know I skim those parts but it was just so what is this? It's not like she isn't already ruined.

The thing that bothered me the most where the side characters. I was reading about Meg or John and suddenly a new characters showed up and got her or his own sidestory and I was all, who are these people? Who cares!

Oh, and no one is naked in this one

Conclusion:
Just ok then. 

Cover
ok

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published 2008)
Naked Nobility #6
Historical romance
Own

Inspired by the tale of Rapunzel, Lila DiPasqua offers a new steamy, emotionally charged historical romance in the acclaimed Fiery Tales Series . . . Rescuing this beauty from the ‘tower’ is only the beginning . . .

Maintaining her ruse as a commoner, and trusting no one has kept Angelica safe. But a chance encounter with a handsome stranger lands her right where danger lies. Now, this sinfully handsome man with arresting blue eyes and a polished manner thinks he’s saved her life, when in fact he’s placed her in great peril. She’s intent on keeping him and everyone else at arm’s length. Yet, the smoldering attraction between them is difficult to deny. And impossible to ignore . . .

As commander of a number of privateer ships, Simon Boulenger dresses and speaks like an aristocrat, and has obtained wealth. But he is still not a noble. Or an officer in the King’s Navy. His lifelong dream to elevate himself from his station of birth and attain a respectable place in society is dead. Worse, he’s ensnared in a deadly scheme, and must get out. But how is he to stay focused on his dangerous mission when the mysterious beauty has him utterly intrigued? He can’t afford the distraction any more than he can resist the carnal hunger she stirs. Simon soon discovers that she’s not only a passionate soul mate, but a woman born into privilege. A woman he can never have. But they’re in too deep. Their hearts are at risk . . . as well as their lives. 

My thoughts:
First, there was nothing of Rapunzel here. Was that supposed to be the kidnapping from the convent? So nothing of the fairy tale. But then it only says inspired, and that does not have to mean alike...I guess.

So she writes these more erot (I am not gonna say the word cos I read once how blogger does not like it) tales. Can't say much about that, I am a smexy scene skimmer. Have you seen one throbbing member than you have seen them all. *yawns* *skips a few pages* What? It's just so boring, get to the story already.

Ok the story. So this guy kidnaps a woman from a convent..eh rude much? Thanks a lot for kidnapping me and bringing me to France. The place of my dooooom! Yes the heroine Angelica has run from France and does not want to be here. But Simon has a throbbing member and wanted to save her from a wicked nun.

Angelica had a wicked stepdad.

Simon hates this guy who steals from the king. Simon also have issues of wanting to be nobility.

Angelica does not want to tell her real name or anything.

Simon gets very upset when she ...something I can't say, but COME ON! Asshole much?! F that man, I would not have forgiven him that easily but she wanted that throbbing member again.

France, a ship, an island. Thinking how they can't be together cos omg she is a noble, and he is not. He must sacrifice his happiness so she can marry some noble, have 10 kids and die from syphilis that he got from his many mistresses.

Conclusion:
Haha, but honestly, it was a fun tale, even with the skipped scenes ;)

cover
ok ish

ebook, 350 pages
Published April 23rd 2012
Fiery Tales #4
Erot Historical romance
Own

38 comments:

  1. Neither one of these seem particularly memorable, but at least they were moderately enjoyable while you were reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, who cares about these other peeps?!

    I've been doing marathon reads and reviews too, easier that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally :)

      I have a lot of reading time at work, and I read ebooks faster so lots to read

      Delete
  3. Ok then! (Almost Friday!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA ha! No naked man in the first one, why name it that then? Stupid. Plus who gets it on in the bushes, you would get scratched. I don't think either of these is for me but your reviews are funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, at all.

      HAHA. Yeah I did not think of that

      Delete
  5. Glad there was some enjoyment from these even if only okay

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second one looks HOT!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first one in my TBR, but I have so many others to read first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who drags men into the bushes just to prove she's a good kisser? Oh and yes, ultimate ruin. Ultimate ruin, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well for them it was ;) It was just weird honestly and at least tell them men not to talk about it

      Delete
  9. LOL how can they have it with no nekkid people?! Darn! I have the Undone ebook. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the first time I hear about the second novel but I really enjoyed all the book by the first author she is so fun! maybe you should try her other series, I prefered it. I know it was the same for Marcela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. dragging men into the bushes? What the duck...?! The second book, though - what a great cover! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your many "throbbing members" comments made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
    Lately I'm also skimming the sex scenes, as you said, after seeing one throbbing member you have seen them all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly how that is - when you like it but you know you wouldn't read any more of it. I don't think thats a bad thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad thing, no. But not a good thing either ;) I could enjoy it but I did get a bit annoyed at the rest of the cast. Without them it would have been a 3

      Delete
  14. One of the things I judge a book by is would I care if I stopped now, would I read it again. Sounds like two meh books. I skim the sex parts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not alone :D That is why E books are SO not for me. But I still wanted to read this one

      Delete
  15. One of the things I judge a book by is would I care if I stopped now, would I read it again. Sounds like two meh books. I skim the sex parts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had stopped, no I would not have read it again

      Delete
  16. 1) *rolls eyes* I hate when they have romances like that...not at all realistic.
    2) Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes, you just don't want to go through it again, even if it wasn't terrible the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No one is naked in The Naked Gentleman?!? Lol. False advertising!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP