Tuesday 20 January 2015

Last Hit: Reloaded - Jessica Clare and Jen Frederick

There was a time when Nick loved the fear he instilled in his enemies. His tattoos alone promised danger, but it was the look in his eyes that delivered on it. A contract killer since he was just a boy, Nick has now forged a new life and a new identity with the woman who followed him, captured him, and changed him.

He terrified Daisy. Once. But she couldn't resist, and she ignored every warning. It paid off. Now she's part of a new beginning, a fresh start in America helping him to leave behind a reckless and violent past as a professional killer. But the past is never easy to outrun, especially when so much of it thrives on revenge.

A new threat has emerged from the shadows, and now Nick and Daisy have no choice but to rely on Nick's killer skills to protect them from everything they've tried so hard to escape. 

My thoughts:
I do not know if it was done on purpose or not, but this novella works splendidly as a stand alone. You know how some, kind of work, but things still bother you? Well here I was told things, and I could just ease myself into the story. The story shows how their life goes on.

Of course that does not mean that I do not want to know more about how they met. It would be interesting too see. I know things now, but to actually see it, interesting.

Right, so this is a novella about Daisy and Nick. Nick is a former killer for the Russian mafia and he has started a new life now. He is the big strong brooding kind of guy. "They bother you? I kill them." Ok to be honest, a bit too protective, but sometimes a girl just wants to feel safe.

Daisy's dad home schooled her and did not let her go outside. It was weird, I liked reading about her, but I did not like her. She was so awkward (well duh), naive and was all I need frieeeeends! Most of the time when I meet characters like this I do not like then and do not care to read about them. But I liked reading about her (even if I did not like her personality, we could so not be friends, sure she is nice and would bake me cookies but girl, you are too insecure.) But to read about, aye that I liked.

The book is about...well I can't tell you everything. These two moving on with life, doing it a lot. Her wanting friends and, omg, does someone know where they are? or not?

Conclusion;
Sex and danger. I enjoyed it, and would like more.

Kindle Edition, 134 pages
Published January 20th 2015 by InterMix
Hitman #2.5
Contemporary romance /suspense
for review

34 comments:

  1. And what about the cover?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate parents like that....I can totally see why she is insecure the way she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice that you were satsified with a novella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay you enjoyed a novella. That is enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOlL, sorry, but it was short, if I tell it I tell it all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Novellas tend to make me feel shortchanged too, but I'm glad this one didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thumbs up for a novella ... sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, "doing it a lot"...danger and sex...it sounds quite racy! The protagonist sounds like someone I want to throttle though, I can't stand insecure heroines.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I got where she was coming from but why did she bother with what the stupid cows thought anyway? let it go

      Delete
  9. I love when novella's stand on their own. Great to hear! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to have a novella like that, it should always stand on its own. it"s easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so liked that since I have not read this series

      Delete
  11. I'm not a huge fan of novellas but one that works well as a standlone is always great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Novellas? Two authors ? Not my thing...but sex and danger sound nice ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder about the whole 2 author thing

      Delete
  13. I am absolutely loving novellas right now. The ones I have read are so well done and surprisingly complete for a short story.

    I can ignore a lot if a friend is making me cookies lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wohoo :)
      I have started to enjoy them for some reason too. Mostly cos I can finish one at work during naptime

      Delete
  14. I like my fictional men on the protective side, so I had to smile at the ""They bother you? I kill them." comment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been all *backing away* but at the same time went all mmm

      Delete
  15. Awesome! Thanks for your review... I was debating on picking this one up because I haven't read the series. Now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to grin at the "They bother you? I kill them" quote. Yep, I'd want him on my side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you enjoyed this novella, Linda! I started reading book #1 but him as a Russian annoyed me so much I couldn't read it all the way through :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that happening. Luckily here, well not that much Russian things around

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP