Monday 26 January 2015

The Tears of the Rose - Jeffe Kennedy

Three sisters. Motherless daughters of the high king. The eldest is the warrior-woman heir; the middle child is shy and full of witchy intuition; and the youngest, Princess Amelia, she is as beautiful as the sun and just as generous.

Ami met her Prince Charming and went away to his castle on the stormy sea-cliffs—and that should have been her happily ever after. Instead, her husband lies dead and a war rages. Her middle sister has been taken into a demon land, turned into a stranger. The priests and her father are revealing secrets and telling lies. And a power is rising in Ami, too, a power she hardly recognizes, to wield her beauty as a weapon, and her charm as a tool to deceive…

Amelia has never had to be anything but good and sweet and kind and lovely. But the chess game for the Twelve Kingdoms has swept her up in it, and she must make a gambit of her own. Can the prettiest princess become a pawn—or a queen? 

My thoughts:
The adventure continues! This book is about the youngest princess, Amelia. The spoiled and beautiful one. The one who liked to party, who married her prince charming at 16. The one people assumes has no brain cos she is so pretty. The one who is told to be an avatar of their Goddess, cos she is so pretty...

But that is not now. Now she is a widow. She is told her husband was killed by her kidnapped sister. Who now lives with demons. She is told a lot of things. And not all things true. She is a pawn but slowly she starts to realise things, that she does not need to be a pawn. That she can find out the truth herself, and that, yes people could be lying to her. But the road there is long.

At first I did want to shout at her, ok so that was not her fault. She is lied to and of course she believes those lies. Why wouldn't she? I just wanted her to find out the truth and to be herself. But it's a dangerous game. Her father wants destruction, the church wants obedience. These countries are going to hell.

The end is pretty brutal, sometimes a cliffie is all ok, I can live with it. But here, omg, omg, no! I can't live with that, I want the next book to see what happens! The 3rd book, that is about the 3rd sister, but stuff is still going on with Amelia..ok calm down, things will be resolved...hopefully. And people will live happily ever after.

This is light fantasy/fantasy romance. I enjoyed it and duh, I want more. There is cliffie! after all. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Conclusion:
Recommended. 

Cover
It looks like she is wearing a top, not good

Paperback, 352 pages
Published November 25th 2014 by Kensington
The Twelve Kingdoms #2
Fantasy romance
own

37 comments:

  1. Sounds kind of wild! Probably not for me though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh cliffies are horrible sometimes, but the light fantasy sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't much experience with widow story lines, but so far so good. *shakes fist* at cliff hanger.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked for the reason that their love just seemed so innocent

      Delete
  4. Cliffhangers Suck! Why is it bad that she is wearing a top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can't really see her wearing a top in this fantasy land when she is all about the dresses

      Delete
  5. I will have to get you a pre order of the last book for your birthday. I'm dying to read the last book myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The evil cliffie rears it's head again! I hate them so much. Hm... still... it sounds like a good series to get involved... but all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I was just looking at her books. You might have convinced me :D Yep...I need more books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's a good cliffie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this does sound good. :) Hmmm...*eyes shelves*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to agree; the cover doesn't look too regal. It sounds like fun...and frustrating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day I'll have to try this author, I keep hearing nice things about her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds nice even if it is a pesky romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought first book after I saw your review, but for some reason I haven't read it... I need to fix that... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't read the first one yet, though it's been on my list forever! I guess I'd better get to it... Great review - I wouldn't have guessed by the cover. Not too great, is it? Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very contemporary looking cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take away the castle and what do you have?

      Delete
  16. I now Carien loves this author and series, and now you do to. How can I resist any longer? Thanks for the review Blodeuedd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder how she has not made you read it yet ;)

      Delete
  17. Sounds good, hope you get your HEA in the next installment.
    https://bookwormnai.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh no another killer cliffie! This series sounds good, and I hope everything works out for Amelia in the next book!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP