Monday 14 March 2016

A gathering of shadows - V.E.Schwab

Four months have passed since the shadow stone fell into Kell’s possession. Four months since his path crossed with Delilah Bard. Four months since Rhy was wounded and the Dane twins fell, and the stone was cast with Holland’s dying body through the rift, and into Black London.

In many ways, things have almost returned to normal, though Rhy is more sober, and Kell is now plagued by his guilt. Restless, and having given up smuggling, Kell is visited by dreams of ominous magical events, waking only to think of Lila, who disappeared from the docks like she always meant to do. As Red London finalizes preparations for the Element Games—an extravagant international competition of magic, meant to entertain and keep healthy the ties between neighboring countries—a certain pirate ship draws closer, carrying old friends back into port.

But while Red London is caught up in the pageantry and thrills of the Games, another London is coming back to life, and those who were thought to be forever gone have returned. After all, a shadow that was gone in the night reappears in the morning, and so it seems Black London has risen again—meaning that another London must fall. 

My thoughts:
Well that was evil
*looks for news about book 3*
*no news to be had*
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh yes the ending, it was the ending that did me in. I will get back to that.

Kell is, well honestly events in book 1 really messed him up, and Rhy...obviously. They are both having a hard time with that, but then who wouldn't. The town people are avoiding him and the king and queen too for that matter. He is not having the best of times. And I love him, yes I love him.

Lila, well I do not love her. She is reckless (not in a good way), she is arrogant (not in a good way). I kind of just want to hit her..in the face and see her drop and wipe that smug grin of her face. Oh oh I am having Lila issues. She is just soooo arrogant. She needs to be taken down a peg or two, or do something nice for once. In this book at least.

Kell is having issues at home
Lila meets a pirate and sees the world.

Magic Games in Red London!
White London is not happy.
Grey London is not happy.
Black London is still dead

And then, then, the end. Omg, cruel. So very cruel. I was all, ok not many pages left and then BOOM! And then one page left and cruel cruel you. Duh, of course there was a cliffie. Did you not notice my despair?

I need book 3 asap. And hear hear, book 2 was even better than book 1. I love when that happen.

But the despair! I neeeed book 3. Like yesterday.

My last words then. Interesting fantasy tale that takes place in 4 parallel universes, places that all anchors in London.

Conclusion:
Just go read it! 

Paperback, 508 pages
Published February 23rd 2016 by Titan Books
Shades of Magic #2
Fantasy
For review

41 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to put this series on my TBR ASAP. I might need to wait until the next one come out though LOL. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say, I'll probably wait till next year to read this. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read one now, and then one in 6 months and then tadaa

      Delete
  3. I have only read one book by this author, but I loved it. This sounds fantastic aside from the evil ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That...that other one? I am curious about that one

      Delete
  4. I loved book 1 so I'm glad you loved this. Can't wait to read this! I wasn't huge fan of Lila, just too arrogant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY :D
      I am glad I am not alone in feeling that way

      Delete
  5. haha hope you love book three. I LOVE when book two winds up even better than the first :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I think I will hold off on this one until the next one is ready to come out, maybe! Or maybe not, I liked the first one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know the feeling, you wanna wait but then..well you can not

      Delete
  7. Oh this sounds good except for the cliffhanger. I steer clear away from those!!! I like a satisfying HEA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn those cliffies. This does sound fantastic though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good butI do think I'll wait for the 3rd book. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm... interesting idea, but I may need to wait for more books to come out based on your reaction to the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have no idea what that will be like

      Delete
  11. I don't know what you're talking about but I want this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started this! Glad to hear you had fun, though uh oh, I'm going to be just as antsy for the next book aren't I?

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the cliffies and the waiting are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I didn't even know book II was out. Yay! I had to skim your review just a little (afraid of spoilers, dude!), because I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Victoria Schwab is a genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I hate waiting for next books too

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never made it through book #1. *hangs head in shame*

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP