Tuesday 22 March 2016

The study of seduction - Sabrina Jeffries

When Edwin Barlow, the Earl of Blakeborough, agrees to help his best friend’s impetuous ward, Lady Clarissa Lindsey, in her time of need, he knows he’s in for trouble. He’s been hunting for someone to wed, and she’ll just get in the way. Although captivated by the witty, free-spirited beauty, he fears she’d be all wrong as a wife...if she would even take such a gruff cynic for her husband. Yet he wants nothing more than to have her for his own.

Clarissa has no intention of marrying anyone—not Edwin, whom she’s sure would be an overbearing husband, and certainly not the powerful French diplomat stalking her. But when matters escalate with the diplomat, she chooses Edwin’s gallant offer of a marriage between friends in hopes that it will deter her stalker. She expects nothing more than an amiable union, but their increasingly tempestuous kisses prove more than she bargained for. When her stalker’s vow to expose the lovers’ deepest secrets threatens to destroy their blossoming attraction, will their tenuous bond withstand public ruin, or will Edwin lose all that’s important to him to protect his bride? 

My thoughts:
Did I like Edwin in book 1? Hmm, eh , who knows, but I do like him here. He is a cutie, and he makes automatons, very cool.

Clarissa is, well the more I got to know her, the more I understood her. She was flighty, and, well I understood at the end. I understood,  they complement each other.

Clarissa has a suitor that does not take no for an answer, I mean not at all, that guy needs to be kicked in the balls. What a creep.

Edwin is looking out for her while her guardian is away.
Damn creepy suitor!
Oh oh, they are married now.

So this book is about their marriage. A hasty marriage to save her. But they do not love each other, and she does not want to rush into things. So they get to know each other more, they find out that they do like each other. Drama unfolds and truths are learned and they live happily ever after.

And the title is good, it is a study of seduction ;)

Conclusion:
A good book. I look forward to reading about her brother next.

Cover
nice

ebook, 384 pages
Expected publication: March 22nd 2016 by Pocket Books
Sinful Suitors #2
Historical romance
NG

35 comments:

  1. The blogs have read this are giving this novel so much love. For sure this will be on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one! Except for the creepy suitor, he sounds frustrating. Otherwise though, sign me up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have heads! On a cover! *GASP*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking this isn't for me as I have been there done that with this story line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun with this, the description of the book made me laugh for all the wrong reasons. Getting married to someone you don't love just to deter a stalker, like that would help! One problem for another, if I ask me...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like she chose wisely. Sweet. (Chose is a funny word if you look at it too long, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may try this one as it has a similar premise of one I read a while ago. Do I need to read book 1 first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not really, that one was about Edwin's sister

      Delete
  8. This one really does look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm sounds like a good one of get married then fall in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do sound like quite the pair and I enjoy a good marriage of convenience trope now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the trope,as long as no one pines after someone else half the book

      Delete
  11. i'll read it - I like Jeffries books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this and hope to read it soon..liking the sound of Edwin in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well. As long as they lived happily ever after...

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yay...glad you liked this one as well. Just finished it the other day and liked the way the story worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Historical romance really isn't my thing, but I'm glad you liked it. I know marriage of convince was a big thing back in the day. This sounds like one of the better tellings of it. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it funny how once a character because the romantic hero, suddenly we can't recall if we liked him or not, but it doesn't matter?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP