Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wedding night with the Earl - Amelia Grey

Adam Greyhawke is through with marriage. After losing his wife at a young age, he’s more interested in carousing and gambling at the Heirs’ Club than taking another trip to the altar. When his obligations as the Earl of Greyhawke thrust him into the heart of Society, he dreads the boredom that only a ballroom can inspire in a roguish scoundrel. That is, until he meets a bewitching young woman who captures his curiosity—and reminds him just how delicious desire can be.

Miss Katherine Wright is accustomed to men interested only in her generous dowry. Adam’s attraction is far more powerful—he tests her wits and her courage at every turn, until she finds herself longing to fulfill an everlasting passion she never imagined was possible. But the breathtakingly handsome nobleman is as stubborn as he is scandalous, and Katharine must be the one to convince him that real love is worth any risk…

My thoughts:
Men! *hits Adam over the head with an umbrella*
I get it, but still *hits him over the head again with a slightly broken umbrella*
Just one more for the road *hits him over the head with a very broken umbrella*

Adam mourns his wife, who died in childbirth. I get it, and you have the right to mourn, and you have mourned. That was not the problem. The problem was his "I will never marry again cos my new wife will die too." Oh Adam, sweetie, no. That just makes me sad. He wants to go through life alone, I get it, you are scared, but then you meet the love of your life and you are willing to just let her go? See her marry someone else. Oh Adam.

Katherine, well she will not get an umbrella over the head. She is the niece of a Duke. She lost her family in a carriage accident (oh those carriages!). She has a limp, she can't dance. She has promised her uncle to marry within the year. She has a suitor she might accept. She meets a handsome Earl and is lost. And she does want him, but as you can see he had his issues. I do get why she would want to move on eventually and have all those kids she wants.

But this is a romance novel, we all know they will work it out...after a while. But before that there are stolen kisses. Sweet heartache and romance.
(I did feel sorry for the suitor, I hope he meets a nice girl, this one was so not for him. So now I do not feel sorry for you anymore. You will get the umbrella soon mister!)

Conclusion:
A sweet story. And that is why I like her books.

Cover
Very white

ebook, 320?
Published March 1st 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels Trilogy #3
Historical romance
NetGalley

43 comments:

  1. This sounds good and I kind of like the cover, although yes it's very white :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the sound of this one, even if Adam does need a solid thump from an umbrella a time or two:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was a sweet story and you enjoy this and the author

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I will never marry again coz my new wife will die too."

    Lol. Great deduction, Sherlock. /sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he is perfectly right; everybody dies. Eventually. ;p

      Delete
  5. Yea!! I love that it all works out in the end. I think I would enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect historical romance, love the sound of it. Leave the umbrella alone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need to borrow an umbrella. I have plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL! I love this review. Of course if we ever meet IRL, I'm making sure you don't have an umbrella in your hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like sweet romances. I don't think I have read this author yet, but I do own a couple of her books. This does sound pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really sweet, no funny business ;)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read anything by this author before but I definitely want to pick this up now, despite the umbrella-hitting. ;) Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I can understand "I will never marry again because I miss my wife too much and I don't know if I'll ever love anyone as much as I love her again". But "I will never marry again because my new wife will die too"? Wrong reason.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could not handle that loss twice, but come on man. What are the odds for it

      Delete
  12. Oh boy! Three swats with the umbrella? He must have been particularly obtuse. LOL
    I do like the heartwarming ones and I haven't read any by this author yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take him 300 pages to get that he needs love

      Delete
  13. Oh yes it looks really sweet and fun thing to use an umbrella on Adam lol you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I own plenty of umbrellas as well - and I am willing to sacrifice one in order to fight bad romances :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, I know you will. But not a bad romance! Just a stupid man

      Delete
  15. It looks good indeed. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't blame the lad...but get over it with love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love when the characters make you violent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw poor Adam. I need to give her books a try I think.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP