Wednesday 30 March 2016

Highland Awakening - Jennifer Haymore

As the secret author of racy romances, Lady Esme Hawkins goes to great lengths to protect her family’s honor. Which is why she carefully disguises herself before entering a notorious bordello to do research. But when Esme comes face-to-face with a brooding Highland bodyguard, she can’t easily refuse a harmless kiss . . . a kiss that inflames desires ripped from the pages of her novels. Acting on them, however, would risk revealing Esme’s identity—and the fact that she’s engaged to another man.

As a Highland Knight sworn to protect the crown, Camden McLeod never expected to follow his client into a bordello—nor could he anticipate meeting a bright, innocent lass with lush lips and eyes the color of the sea. Instantly, Cam knows he must possess her. But to do so, he’ll need to give up his rakish ways, embrace his role as heir to his despised father, and snuff out a deadly threat to his brothers in arms. By comparison, winning Esme away from her insipid fiancé will be pure pleasure.


My thoughts:
You got lucky there Cam, I started this book on Thursday, but then the 4 day weekend came around and I forgot how much of an asshat Cam was ;)...just sayin'

Esme writes smexy novels, and sneaks out to brothels to talk to the ladies and get stories for her books. Wait! And no one notices? Her brother is a Duke! He should check his grounds better. And she could have been raped and killed just going there. She sure has drive, you can say that.

Cam is a part of the Highland Knights. Serve and protect the crown. His dad is a silly old fart, and his sister is disowned for some reason. He has family issues to say the least.

They meet *coughs* Aye they sure meet. He fancies her. She lets go of anything she has been told pretty fast.

He does some stalking...what? That is the part that softened over a long weekend when I did not read this book. He does do some creepy stalking. Or others would call it alpha male brings home the woman .

And then there is a suspense part because someone is after the knights. I did not guess who, my bad.

Conclusion:
It was a nice historical romance. 
I do hope Cam's sister finds love. But Cam, you were a bit too alpha for me.

Cover
Ok

ebook, 248 pages
Published March 29th 2016 by Loveswept
Highland Knights #2
Historical romance
NG

40 comments:

  1. I picked up a similar book like this last year, its historical erotica the genre said. It's not good, DNFd it. This sounds so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. Stalking is not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. I wonder how I would fare with Cam? I love a good alpha hero, but agree that sometimes they can be over the top and then I struggle. Still, it's been a while since I've read a historical romance, so I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like alphas too, but this stalking business. I would have kicked him in the nuts

      Delete
  4. It needs to be Friday NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Highland romance. It's been a while for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! Glad you enjoyed even though Cam was an asshat (loved that word by the way lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, sounds like it could be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So a mixed reaction. Must say though a HIghland romance is always a draw card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Don't think I would like Cam the asshat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds like fun despite the alphahole, Cam. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm interesting how close the stalking and alpha male line is

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's cool that she's a secret romance writer. Too bad about Cam's asshattery, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I woner if I've tried this one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL - The way you describe Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saved by a reading pause. I thought about it and I'm pretty sure that is true of a few of my book reads. If I'd read them through, I might have quit.
    Yeah, that does sound improbably that a Duke's female relation manages to sneak off on a regular basis like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was easy to sneak away..and make it to a brothel from her fancy place ;)

      Delete
  16. I still need to get back to reading historical romances. I do like the covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a huge fan of historical romances, but I do love highlanders. I'm not a fan of stalking either.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlanders are the best, but this one was a highlander alpha

      Delete
  18. I used to read this genre nonstop back in the day. For some reason, I can't get into the newer books. I may have to grab some oldies off my shelf. This one looks interesting, but I just can't bring myself to read anything just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh love hers. I need to get caught up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Esme's character sounds pretty cool. I don't mind alpha males when I'm in the mood for them though.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP