Wednesday 2 March 2016

Last first kiss and Shopaholic to the rescue

Pinterest Perfect. Or so Annie Carson’s life appears on her popular blog. Reality is... messier. Especially when it lands her back in one-cow town, Brightwater, California, and back in the path of the gorgeous six-foot-four reason she left. Sawyer Kane may fill out those wranglers, but she won’t be distracted from her task. Annie just needs the summer to spruce up and sell her family’s farm so she and her young son can start a new life in the big city. Simple, easy, perfect.

Sawyer has always regretted letting the first girl he loved slip away. He won’t make the same mistake twice, but can he convince beautiful, wary Annie to trust her heart again when she’s been given every reason not to? And as a single kiss turns to so much more, can Annie give up her idea of perfect for a forever that’s blissfully real. 

My thoughts:
I do like small town romances, but this small town showed its ugly face too. I would not have gone back, those people were idiots! Except for people who were new in town. The old ones judged her for her parents, on how she was home schooled, on how she was a weirdo then. Judging much!? Idiots who have never took a step outside of town *mutters*

Annie is a mummy blogger who comes back to sell the farm. With her is her kid. She is having a blogger burnout, a troll is after her and she wants more.

Sawyer is from the neighboring farm and they had a thing that went down in flames. Oh and his grandma is a cruel witch. 

But Sawyer wants Annie, and does sweet things for her. He does the chasing, she does the hiding. I liked how he did not give up and told people to piss off. But I do hope the town changes cos asshats!

Cute. 

ebook, 352 pages
Published June 23rd 2015 by Avon Impulse
Brightwater #1
Contemporary romance
Own


Becky’s biggest ever challenge takes her to Las Vegas and beyond in a fast-paced, fun-filled, road-
trip adventure. Becky’s gone too far in the past - but now she's putting things right. She’s determined to track down her missing dad, help her best friend Suze, bond with her worst enemy Alicia Bitch Long-legs (maybe...) and work out how to play blackjack.

As she discovers quite how much her friends and family need help, she comes up with a brilliant plan. Becky is going to rescue everyone. But can she rescue herself? 

My thoughts:
Yes I enjoyed it this time. Yes I went on and on in the last one that Becky's problems are not funny, but, damn, I missed it in this one!

See Becky had come to realise that shipping is bad. But that made Becky not Becky! And everyone else in the book started to see it too. Without shopping she was a grey blob, so I found myself wishing she would shop a bit...in moderation!!!!! Cos she is still likely to go overboard and that poor kid will grow up like her. BUT, she was dull. Sigh. Yes the shopaholic needs to be a shopaholic.

In this one the drama is SO unnecessary. If they all would just talk to each other then this whole Vegas thing would not have happened. Silly people.

Still it was fun, but I wish this series would end because the books are starting to be fillers.

Cover
cute

Hardcover, 320 pages
Published October 22nd 2015 by Bantam Press
Shopaholic #8
Chic-lit
Library

39 comments:

  1. Becky lost her edge as far as I'm concerned. She wasn't as funny as in the previous books. As for the first book, let's go burn it to the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was horrible, I hate that I want her to shop but she was so bleh

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Shopaholic just annoyed me. I am glad it worked for you. The first book sounds sweet except for the nasty town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have liked them, but I am also tired of them

      Delete
  3. I like small town books as well, though not if their ugly side makes an appearance :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was strong, so many idiots in that town

      Delete
  4. I have been recommended the shopaholic series but I always worried that there would be too much drama. Since you don't see it that way, I may have to start these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drama, well, not that kind of drama anyway

      Delete
  5. I have really enjoyed Lia Riley. I haven't read this book yet but I have loved the other two books in the series. I agree though...the towns people aren't my favorite but they add a interesting element.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should read more by her, but oh no, the towns people are eejits in all of them, those town peeps!

      Delete
  6. Last First Kiss looks good, I like the small town and blogger themes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) Small towns can sure be ugly
    2) Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to read all the shopoholic books, but man, after a while they got really old. I could only take Becky's dumb decisions in small doses.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the Plum books, I have a weakness even though I hate some

      Delete
  9. Ah yes I think I'd like Last First Kiss apart from the you know - asshats! New word to me - most respectable word!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asshat is the best word, though amazon does not like it and refuses to publish reviews with it in ;)

      Delete
  10. I like the idea of the first one, but I've never quite had the urge to pick up any from the second series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the idea of a blogger in the first one and I should try a Kinsella one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up originally in a small town. They are quite the pain in the butt. You can be judged for your family or even your ancestors. Small towns are all about gossip too, because there isn't much else to do. I'm so glad that we moved when we did. Luckily, I was out by the time I was 10, so I didn't have to live with it through the hardest teenage years. I'm not sure I would've survived. LOL Great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sweet fictional small towns, this was a bitchy real small town :/

      Sure we gossiped where I am from, but not to someones face

      Delete
  13. Oh look, it's Thursday! *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read one of the books in the Lia Riley series and really enjoyed it, I need to go back and read Sawyer and Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of Sawyer in that first one :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds to me like you need to quit the shopper's series. It doesn't seem fun for you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know, but it is like those darn Plum books. They are like drugs

      Delete
  17. Unnecessary drama annoys me in books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Last First Kiss looks good to me. I read the first Shopoholic & liked it, but never had any desire to revisit in sequels! I agree, I wish Sophie would start something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, nothing new happens in the books

      Delete
  19. The first one sounds especially good to me. Cool that she's a blogger. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh judgey mcjudgeys. lots of those in small town settings. so far, i've only read a few endearing ones. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP