Friday 25 March 2016

Romantic Friday: Something in the Heir - Chalet Girl Plays Cupid - A hundred pieces of me

Modern-day Prince Adrian of Monaforte has a most old-fashioned problem: his demanding mother wants him wed to her best friend’s daughter, the hard-partying Serena. When his refusal falls on deaf ears, Adrian decides it’s time for him to slip away from his gilded cage and figure out his life, all on his own. As luck would have it, event photographer Emma Davison, weary of a revolving door of lost-cause men and tired of her outsider-looking-in career, is in need of her own escape clause, just in time to help a wayward prince in need. And she soon discovers that sometimes a girl’s gotta sweep a prince off his feet.

For any girl that’s ever held out hope that some day her prince would come…or better yet, hoped that some day she’d come to him. 

My thoughts:
I have been too lazy to write the review...

Let me think.
Ok so there was prince Adrian with the English last name from some Alp? kingdom. Also since he had never watched tv his knowledge of "new" words like "horny" and others were terrible. Are you kidding me? damn that prince be stupid. So the only way to learn new words is telly then..well ok Prince I do not know this language you are speaking Miss American.

Ok so I could just check, but, eh I forgot her name. Emily? Was it that? I guess I will see when I post this on my blog.

They get together, not in that way! They learn more about each other and they liked each other and then they live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
Mindless short escapism. Good for that.

Kindle Edition, 236 pages
Published December 24th 2014 by Jenny Gardiner Books
It's Reigning Men #1
Contemporary romance
Own


After a messy break up that’s left her homeless, jobless and single, temporary chalet girl Emily needs a fresh start! So when best friend Holly asks her to help out before the start of the winter season at the exclusive Chalet Repos in Verbier, Emily jumps at the chance. What broken heart can’t be fixed by après ski cocktails?

Verbier seems like the perfect escape, until Emily meets super-sexy and darkly brooding winter athlete Jake. She’s meant to be avoiding men at all costs, but the spark between her and Jake is sizzling! As she finds herself increasingly left alone with Jake, Emily begins to wonder if Cupid has paid a visit to Chalet Repos…!

My thoughts:
Short and cute. I would not call the ending a HEA, more a HFN. Because it ends very abruptly, so you can make up your own mind. They continue what they started and fall in love, or they have fun for a week and go separate ways... Yes I like to think they had fun and fell in love ;)

Emily went through a breakup and ended up as a chalet girl
Jake's leg is crap and his career is ruined.
Both have issues.
They fancy each other.
They do it.
THE END

Conclusion:
Sweet.

Kindle Edition, 57 pages
Published March 5th 2015 by HarperImpulse
Ski Season #6
Contemporary romance
Own

Reeling from her recent divorce, Gina Bellamy suddenly finds herself figuring out how to live on her own. Determined to make a fresh start—with her beloved rescue greyhound by her side—Gina knows drastic measures are in order.

First up: throwing away all her possessions except for the one hundred things that mean the most to her. But what items are worth saving? Letters from the only man she’s ever loved? A keepsake of the father she never knew? Or a blue glass vase that perfectly captures the light?

As she lets go of the past, Gina begins to come to terms with what has happened in her life and discovers that seizing the day is sometimes the only thing to do. And when one decides to do just that...magic happens.

My thoughts:
I am afraid that last chapter totally soured my feelings about this book, like BOOM, instant bad feeling.

It started off well enough. Gina is going through a divorce. She left a house she loved. She is going through all her things and making a list of 100 things to keep.

We learn that she knows nothing about her dad. She had cancer. She lost her one true love. She has issues with her mother. She is a bit lost.

So a book about her finding herself, moving on, letting go.

There is a bit of romance in the flashbacks and a maybe romance on the horizon.

And boom, I am not gonna spoil things just....the ending is not a happy one. There is no HEA, or is there? There is no HFN...or is there. The ending is a tragic one...or is it?
DAMN IT, I wanted closure, instead we were left with this crap ending that made me wish I had not read this 450 page book. I can deal with happy, I can deal with sad, I can not deal with NOT KNOWING.

Conclusion:
Crap ending. You get an only ok for that. 


Paperback, 453 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Berkley
Women's fiction
Library

21 comments:

  1. 450 pages and o solid ending?? Ack!

    The first one sounds cute though.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindless escapism is good. Also, what does HFN stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mini's I had to read the synopsis to see if she was Emily, nope she is Emma. I mess names up all the time. I have published reviews with new names for characters..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to say no to all three. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first two hold a lot of promise for me since I want some mindless entertainment. I'm worried about the last one. The dog dies? I totally worry about that from the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 I like your reviews, you tell it like it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's Reigning Men" and "Something in the Heir"? OMG bad puns in titles are like one of my biggest pet peeves :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) Meh.
    2) Sounds cute.
    2) Awwwwe puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in awe that you wrote three mini reviews that are shorter than one of my regular ones. LOL
    Fairy tale prince stuff can be fun for a fluffy day need. She went to a resort to avoid men? O.K.
    And wow for 450 pages, I'd want a definitive ending, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble making it really short sometimes ;)

      I know right!!!

      Delete
  10. I'm laughing so hard at these reviews; especially the first one. I think I'll steer clear of these, but the second one seems cute.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP