Monday 19 March 2018

A Warriner to tempt her - Virginia Heath

A shy innocent…wary of all men…

After a shocking incident, shy Lady Isabella Beaumont is perfectly happy to stay in the background and let her sister get all the attention from handsome suitors! However, working with Dr. Joseph Warriner to help the sick and needy pushes her closer to a man than she’s ever been before. Is this man worth trusting with her deepest of desires…?

Paperback, USA edition, 282 pages
Published January 16th 2018 by Harlequin
The Wild Warriners #3
Historical romance
Own

My thoughts:
Wow, this family had a bad rep, such a bad rep! Poor guys! I just wanted to smack a few people over the head. These are good men, despite having an idiot for a father and grandfather. Not their fault!

Jack is a doctor. He is good, sensible and up to date (not like a certain other doctor.) He cares for those that have nothing to offer in return. He is just, omg, so nice. Even if his head sure is turned by a pretty face and he does not see the obvious before him. But hey, he can't be perfect now can he?

Isabella had a shocking incident. And you know what, it was shocking! When they say these things I am all come on, but here...poor Bella. No wonder she is skittish. But she is trying and she loves to help people and she has even read medicine books. We can all guess where that takes her.

These two slowly becomes friends of a sorts. And yes he will see the light and she will find peace. But before that there is some drama with people in need and some people that need to be hit over the head, or the face. Oh yes. d bags.

Conclusion:
A nice historical romance, with some interesting elements in it

Cover
I have not talked about covers in a while, but look! Handsome and omg he even has chest hair, lol

34 comments:

  1. I want to know what this shocking thing that happened to her is. The guy sounds like a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one. I don't where they've been hiding this model, but he's absolutely gorgeous, and it seems like he actually is the character of the doctor! Haven't read any historicals lately, but this sounds pretty good.
    Hugs...and Happy Monday! RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd marry him! I volunteer for a tribute!

      Delete
  3. Very handsome man... Not sure if I will like this one or not. But sounds interesting. I always like when you want to hit a character over the head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover too...although with the title I kept thinking...what is a warriner?? Then I read more and saw it was his name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why not. I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me laugh at the "some people that need to be hit over the head, or the face. Oh yes. d bags" <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh yes, totes the face with these pricks

      Delete
  7. Sounds very readable and I like how you explain the plot of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice cover :) Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds super sweet! And yes, where would the drama be without the dbags, lol!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for chest hair :) This sounds like an entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make me scroll back up and take a second look at the cover..hehe. Glad this was a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A doctor from a family with a wild rep and a sweet Lady with a secret. What could be better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh a REAL shocking incident! They are always a let down so it's good to hear that this one delivered.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I said this on the other post...but I really like Jack. I kinda want to read this bc of him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover but I haven't read many historicals in a long time. They just don't seem to interest me as much as they used to.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP