Saturday 10 March 2018

Saturday Movie: Victoria and Abdul

Queen Victoria strikes up an unlikely friendship with a young Indian clerk named Abdul Karim.

Director: Stephen Frears
Writers: Lee Hall (screenplay by), Shrabani Basu (based on the book by)
Stars: Judi Dench, Ali Fazal, Tim Pigott-Smith

Biography, Drama, History

1h 51 min / 2017



My thoughts:
Oh I actually enjoyed this one! Haha, I knew it would happen one day. I always pick the most boring movies based on a book. But this one worked.

Judi Dench was great as Victoria. So sassy and tired. Poor Queen Victoria!
Ali Fazal was great as Abdul Karim and well he sure was fine to look at like good old Vicky said ;)
Eddie Izzard, oh I totally saw him as Bertie, honestly applauds there.

So yes great cast! And I even laughed a few times.

The story is about how Victoria develops a friendship with a clerk from India. He teachers her Urdu and more. And she confides in him. Because he real, and not like the rest.

This one I can actually recommend.

25 comments:

  1. I liked the story but I thought the movie dragged in places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaah I will have to rent this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this before but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this advertised and now its on my radar. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this actress, she is fantastic to watch. So now I need to watch this movie. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good! I saw it mentioned on Velvet's blog and thought I might like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cast! But not my type of movie sadly...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the trailer of this a lot when it was about to come out. Never caught it at the cinema but still thinking I might get it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I've never herd of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this movie but it sounds fantastic. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed Judi Dench as Victoria in Mrs. Brown. I think I'd quite enjoy this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not recall if I ever watched that one! Hehe, and now she is older! Makes perfect sense for Judi to play Victoria again as this takes place leter

      Delete
  12. Judi Dench is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll put it on my list - Judi Dench can usually save a mediocre film so I'd watch based on her alone.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP