Tuesday 27 March 2018

TMST. Mean theme


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post on Rainy Day Ramblings where Rainy discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.

March 27th: How do you feel about the whole mean girl/boy theme?

 I always forget these day to write a post! Mommy brain! Also every time I mean to do it Luci shows up and I forget ;) Honestly the whole mean girl/boy thing is so tiresome. I get bullies, those are idiots. But then there are so pure mean types that are just mean for now reason. The books you read where you just go what a bitch! And it's most often girls and it's so often in YA. Why do they make teenage girls so bitchy? I never met any like that. Sure we had the tough girls, and I did not like them, but when I try to remember, nope, I do not think they were mean. Those they did call my friend Barbie hair and I never forget. But they were more bullies that way. Though now when I write what the heck is the difference? Mean girls are bullies.

But the books and movies make them different you know. There are bullies, there are those silly mean girls. And all in all, no I do not like it, like I said I get bullies, those want to feel bigger. While mean girls just seem to be so far up their own asses that they can not see the light.





23 comments:

  1. I don't like mean girls or boys. There is a woman in our neighborhood who is mean in her 40s and I've been told she was a mean girl. I believe it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic. I have no use for mean characters or bullies and since I don't read much YA I guess I don't see it much except when a couple reunite and one or both were mean in High School

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had mean girls in HS but they were in their own world and I was in mine so our paths didn't cross.

    I don't think I saw the kinds that are in books looking to make everyone's life miserable, although I'm sure they exist.

    They have their purpose in books but I'm kind of tired how cliche and one dimensional they are written so I tend to stay away.

    I don't see as many mean boy books. A bully here and there but it's not used as much as the mean girl clique is.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, they have their purpose, but most they be ine very book. Dystopia, fantasy, ugh, I guess most are tired of them

      Delete
  4. SNOW BABY!

    I am not a fan of the theme either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was all cold! Well no gloves on so yes

      Delete
  5. Having a child who was picked on by the mean girls makes reading or watching anything with them a turnoff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's cultural, because there are absolutely plenty of mean girls in US high schools. Maybe the books/movies play it up a bit, but I've grown up knowing some REAL catty girls and I can't imagine things have gotten any better these days lol.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the whole clique thing, we did not have that. THough we had the "bad boys whatever" who went out smoking

      Delete
  7. I am not usually too big of a fan of the whole mean girls/boys thing myself. Cute photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew a few of these types when I was a teen, but they weren't completely mean- there were redeemable qualities, too.
    I feel like the 'mean girl' in YA or the 'hateful ex' in adult books is just a flat two-dimensional plot device to contrive some conflict rather than a real character to take seriously or a real conflict I care to see resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, you are so right, hateful ex! I did not think of that, yes those are around in adult books and are so one sided

      Delete
  9. I've been watching KDramas lately and the guy is ALWAYS a mean guy. That's how I can tell who she's going to wind up with haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a fan of mean people in general.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo is all I need to make my life better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP