Thursday 8 March 2018

Audio: Home with you - Shirlee McCoy

The Bradshaw brothers never dreamed they'd return to their hometown. But tragedy has brought them back together in Benevolence, Washington, where they're finding generosity, surprising revelations-and unexpected love . . . Sullivan Bradshaw is in way over his head. A car crash killed his brother, Matthias, and critically injured his sister-in-law. It's Sullivan's turn to care for the couple's six children and the ancestral farm, but the die-hard bachelor and art professor is hardly family-man material. What he needs is the perfect nanny-miracle worker-saint. What he gets is pretty Rumer Truehart, a free spirit who will change everything he ever thought he wanted . . . Rumer learned the hard way that nothing is for sure, much less forever. And she certainly understands why Sullivan's unhappy childhood makes him a strictly no-commitments kind of guy. But she can't help being drawn to this thoughtful, gentle man. And when trouble strikes, she's determined to win his trust-and show him love can be a promise for keeps. 

Audio CD, 9 h
Published February 27th 2018 by Tantor Audio
The Bradshaws #1
Contemporary romance /Romantic fiction
For review

My thoughts:
I wonder what I should file this under? Sure there is romance, but not a lot. It is more something between romantic fiction and contemporary romance. So I shall call it contemporary romance drama.

Sullivan has to take care of his brother's 6 kids when his brother dies and the wife is in a coma. And the kids are obviously distraught and they have their own baggage too. Like the oldest who has been in too many foster homes. Or their adoptive daughter who thinks she has to be calm and strong for everyone. I loved those kids. I know some do not want to read books with kids in them, but this book needed the kids. 
As for Sullivan, he is a good man. A bit overwhelmed though.

To help comes Rumer. She was sweet, sensible and so good for them all. Though I must say, yes yes, I know you studied and know kids, but even if she said it the nicest way possible, I would have taken offense at times. Sully does not, but still not everything can be solved with her ways, even if they are solved here. Oh and I wanted to smack her over the head cos she had this idea about how her family is "cursed" to only fall for bad men, omg girl! Are you listening to yourself!?

Friends and slowly falling in love, but not acting on it. They both have their things to work through, and with 6 kids around to do not get a lot of alone time.

And the small town is so nice. Hey, everyone is nice in this one. A good family oriented romance.

Narrator.Vanessa Daniels
I liked her voice and range. I liked her kid voices. A good impression

27 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm one of those who prefer no - and 6 is a lot. It does sound like the books needs them, but I think I'd still pass. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to shy away from any book that relies on tragedy to bring people together, so I passed on this one. And after reading your review, I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, it's tricky to say the least

      Delete
  3. This sounds really good, emotional maybe but good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a nice read. I like cozy and cute and that is more than just a romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, having six kids in your life all of a sudden, I don't envy the challenges he must have gone through. And lol, "cursed" with falling only for bad men, um, maybe the character blaming it all on her bad luck rather than look at the people she dates might be part of the problem!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well yes, maybe take a good luck at the men instead of backing away from men thinking they suck, when they so do not. The guy cares for 6 kids after all

      Delete
  6. I enjoy stories where people come together for the children's sake as long as the adult relationship develops at a reasonable pace and the kids aren't brats.

    Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took time, I liked that. And no brats here

      Delete
  7. I am on my way over to Audible to see if this one is there and put it in my wish list - love when there are kids in books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. why not? I think I could like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't even imagine suddenly being responsible for 6 kids. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind books with kids in them. At least the majority of the ones I've read, I enjoy the kids the most. I'm not good with kids in real life. I just haven't been around them much (especially toddlers and younger). I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think they make books fun, well if they are nice ones and not bratty evil ones lol

      Delete
  11. contemporary romance drama? I like it

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP