Saturday 24 March 2018

Saturday Movie: The Zookeeper's wife

The Zookeeper's Wife tells the account of keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, Antonina and Jan Zabinski, who helped save hundreds of people and animals during the German invasion.

Director: Niki Caro
Writers: Angela Workman (screenplay), Diane Ackerman (based on the book by)
Stars: Jessica Chastain, Johan Heldenbergh, Daniel Brühl 

2 h 7 min / Drama, history, biography



My thoughts:
Look, another good one! And yes, based on a book :)

Ok so I know that you might all think that all I do is cry when I watch movies, but honestly I almost never cry. Except for when I was preggers and then high on hormones. So no, I did not cry, but I was sure near. The first time when omg the animals, the animals! And then there is this scene with Dr Korzak and a few kids. And since I read The Good Doctor of Warsaw recently I knew, there were SO many more. Warsaw was devastated in the war, and the Jewish population...

Yes it is a sad movie.

The Zabinskis love their animals, and when they can no longer help those, they turn to help smuggle out Jews. I had to google, I shall not say a word, but I had to google to see what happened. I could not take it. Spoilers were needed, they were just such good people.

Good and sad

Recommended. Because some things should not be forgotten, and there are too many people around who actually think these things never happened. And we are always doomed to repeat history.

20 comments:

  1. I really liked this movie too and have heard it's very different from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds excellent though sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought that this movie was about a zoo but it looks like it is really much more. I may have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, not a lot of animals during the war

      Delete
  5. Wow, sounds good. and yeah the people who don't believe things happened... SMH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those I can not believe, I mean honestly, how can people

      Delete
  6. I usually cry my eyes out for this type of story and I know that stories set in Poland during WWII rarely have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to google as well, I didn't know the book and the movie were based on real people and real events, wow, what an amazing story.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this movie around, but hadn't paid much attention to it. I guess I didn't realize it was about WWII. I'll have to check it out.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover does not say a lot does it except some planes in the background

      Delete
  10. I've been wanting to watch this movie, not read the book yet, but I feel like I'll cry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kept getting this mixed up with We Bought a Zoo. Much happier movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lordie...I would have a hard time bc I ALWAYS cry when it comes to animals. lol

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP