Tuesday 12 October 2010

Review: Demon from the Dark - Kresley Cole

Immortals after Dark, 10

Genre: parnormal romance
Pages: 430
UK Publication: September 2010 Pocket Books

A dangerous demon she can't resist... 
Malkom Slaine: tormented by his sordid past and racked by vampiric hungers, he's pushed to the brink by the green-eyed beauty under his guard.

A maddening witch he aches to claim... 
Carrow Graie: hiding her own sorrows, she lives only for the next party or prank. Until she meets a tortured warrior worth saving.

Trapped together in a savage prison... 
For them to survive, Malkom must unleash both the demon and vampire inside him. When he becomes the nightmare his own people feared, will he lose the woman he craves body and soul?


Where have you been all my life Kresley Cole? This book rocked. I usually find PNR ok, not as good as UF. It's all the romance and not enough action, well here, I loved it. Hihi.

Immortals are being kidnapped and kept in a prison, some experimented on, and tortured. Carrow Graie, a witch, gets an ultimatum, capture Malkom, bring him there and regain her freedom. Malkom lives in Oblivion, where vampires have destroyed their demon kingdom. He hates them, and he can't live with demons either since he is an abomination.

This one, what a savage brute Malkom was, and I just melted, even when he rather annoyingly begged for a good time. It was impossible not care for his tortured soul, but then I am a sucker for heroes like that. The wounded, broken ones that do not believe anyone could ever love them. And here someone falls for him, because deep in he is such a good soul, and just wants to protect here.

My heat even stopped at one time, I knew the truth, but since he did not, it was hard to read. He is not a man to betray.

Carrow, I guess she was ok, I honestly didn't pay much attention to her, lol, just kidding. She was the right woman for him. And it sure takes a real brave woman to handle him too.

This book had a great history with all the different beings walking around in our world and in other dimensions. It had action and drama, considering that wicked men wants to capture and erase immortals from the face of the earth. It has them fleeing from other demons and strange creatures, and it has the love, passion, some things that made me giggle. 

I can't believe I found this book first now, at book 10. Also it was easy to just jump in with out knowing anything.

Blodeuedd's Cover Corner: Dunno
Reason for reading: From the publisher
Final thoughts: I even think this book was the best paranormal romance I have ever read.
4


24 comments:

  1. LOL..you ignored Carrow!! I can't blame you..Malkolm was SEXY!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B,

    I am so glad you enjoyed this book. This is one of my favorite series and have to get each new installment as soon as they come out. LOL

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked out that PNR stands for paranormal, but what does UF stand for? Something fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the heart stopping moment, it was the same for me! And you know what they say; Better late then never :) Welcome to the IAD club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! Now this sounds like a great paranormal read. And if Malkom looks like the man on the cover (or what can be seen of him), then he is a hottie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ThAT'S exactly how I felt when I first discovered Kresley Cole. And then I forgot about her.
    Now I'll have to remember her again and check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark, angsty heroes? A woman after my own heart! Ah... I need to pick this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first glance of the cover, I was a little taken back because, obviously, it's different than the US version.

    I'm so glad to see you liked this one! I'm only on book six of the series, but I absolutely adore this series! She is such an amazing author!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is totally loveable. :) I like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have tried to read her historical romances and couldn't get into them. i'm glad you enjoyed this paranormal one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have uber-love for this series! The first book remains my favorite though *sigh*

    :o)

    MsM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandi
    Hihi, totally ignored her and basked in the light that was Malkolm

    Michelle
    I have no excuses for not seeing it's brilliance before, this is a series I do want to read now, after the glory that was this one

    Vivienne
    Yes parnormal romance and UF is urban fantasy

    Leontine
    It was horrible, I just went nooo! He was so angry.
    Thanks, I am here, late, and happy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irena
    At first he is not that much of a hottie, but he does have a great body. he just needs a shave and a wash *insert giggle*

    Brizmus
    She does have that effect it seems. And yes we both should go back and read more

    Cherry
    I do have this thing for those kind of me, they are just yummy

    Thanks Inked :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tanya
    Lol, and I just jumped in with both feet first, and I am happy I did.
    But yes that cover is different from the US one

    Nina
    I think I like the colors, lol

    Carrie
    Oh she has historicals, never knew. But then all authors do not do as well in different genres

    MsM
    Mmm, first book, I want more, I am aching for more. Please tell there are more wicked brutes

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a good one! I wnat to read this author too. I love those taglines...lol... 'A maddening witch he aches to claim...'
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so behind on this series now! It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard so much about this author. I really need to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite paranormal romance author! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read the first 5 books of her series and I loved them. I'll have to make time to read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Naida
    Very tempting taglines for sure. And this one I totally recommend

    Chris
    And I am so ahead, and still so behind :)

    Yvonne
    Yes you do *nods*

    Shukra
    She is awesome, I am so happy I found her

    Spav
    And I need to go back and see what she has written.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read anything by Kresley Cole but you've certainly sparked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've sold me on this series and I just may step out of my OCD read-them-in-order box and grab this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carol
    And she sure sparked my interest :)

    Staci
    Hihi, oh please do, join me here in no OCD land

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP