Thursday 17 November 2016

A kiss for luck - Grace Burrowes

Game designer Sadie Delacourt has moved to the peaceful, bucolic town of Damson Valley for a fresh start where she can keep an eye on a recently divorced sister and her small nephew. Sadie plans to focus on her business and her family, until handsome neighbor Gideon Granville turns his focus on Sadie. When Sadie learns where Gideon has been aiming his snooping skills, she’s ready to delete him from her plans entirely—though Gideon is all that stands between her and the trouble she thought she’d left behind her. 

My thoughts:
I have no idea what I just read, it was confusing at times, and romance should not feel confusing. I was all what? Also it was way too rushed. Sure some books can be novellas and short stories, but this was a Book crammed into a novella, and it did not work.'

It was about Sadie who was forgettable.
Gideon who, oh sometimes the book confused me who was talking, but srsl Gideon, check what you are doing.
They liked brownies, did it, lived happily ever after and I was all, what happened?

It did not work. Total failure

Kindle Edition, 148 pages
Published December 2nd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Sweetest Kisses 0.6
Contemporary romance
Own

34 comments:

  1. Yikes! Definitely doesn't sound like a book for me. I hate it when books are cramped like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Sorry this did not work. Novellas definitely need to be simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol But brownies though...

    Even that blurb sounds kind of vague

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very bland read. Sorry it was a dud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a shame because I prefer contemporary and Grace Burrowes can write a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your next one is more to your liking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bleh - I'm sorry. No romance should be confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sorry it didn't work there

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad romance novels happen - like all the time. What kind of name 'Sadie' is? It makes me think about Marquis de Sade. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, only you :) it makes me think of a fortune teller

      Delete
  10. Yes, I can see where too much is not a good thing in a novella-length story. I've read two of the full-length from the series and liked them, but I wouldn't want to see those stories crammed into a third of the page count.

    Oh well, at least it was short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did make me wonder if I wanted to try more from this series, but if you say the others work then I'd trust ya

      Delete
  11. Oh, bummer. Successfully sharing a quality story in a novella-length book is tough. I've always wanted to try her stuff - not this one, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks. She's one I won't read anymore :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea, looks like one I would pass on. Some people can really pin down a novella and some just don't quite get it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this sounds disappointing. I haven't tried these books yet. I like her historicals, but not many authors can write novellas well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw sorry to hear this one didn't work for you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bummer, that shouldn't happen with a romance

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP